Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grow Room Fan Types and Environment Controllers Help

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    Hey there beautiful ones,

Can any of you help me with a few questions I am about to fire away related to fan types and environment controllers for my tent please? And I am sorry if this was discussed before but I cunt use the search option properly dunno why

I have a TT-125 Inline fan without a speed controller that I used to exhaust air from the tent with passive intake. I have doubled the leds and purchased also a 6" rvk for exhaust I am using the TT 125 fan now as an active intake. Now comes the questions after I decided to purchase an environment controller for fan speeds and temperature & humidity since I want to lower the noise and have a more controlled environment for my plants.

- Can TT fans be used with an external speed controller?
    - I have read about controller types as solid, variac and variable frequency drives.. digitals vs mechanicals... I am confused.
    Since I have two different types of fans (TT & rvk) which one is able to run both at the same time?
    - Can you please name me an environment controller that is going to work with both of my fans?
    Is the TT single or dual speed?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    What makes you think it won't work pal?

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.
    Iv just got confused Iv not read it properly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grow2toke For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Grow2toke View Post
    Hi all,oh shit so these 2 will not work together ??

Could be a hummer depending on what size fan you running mate
    I Was running 5" on cheap controller and worked perfect tried it on the 6"l1 no good (hum)
    So just had pay out £60 for a variac fan controller just heads up mate if ya have trouble with hum when you set her up 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BRACEY View Post
    Could be a hummer depending on what size fan you running mate
    I Was running 5" on cheap controller and worked perfect tried it on the 6"l1 no good (hum)
    So just had pay out £60 for a variac fan controller just heads up mate if ya have trouble with hum when you set her up 👍👍

Cheers mate,if it wasn’t for the inflatable hot tub I brought & set up here for family Xmas present that’s located at the back of my garage (other side of wall to my tent) and tub is turned on all the time and makes a really loud hum (hiding the noise of my fan) so that’s handy 😃

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grow2toke For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-18), MR B-loom (06-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Grow2toke View Post
    Cheers mate,if it wasn’t for the inflatable hot tub I brought & set up here for family Xmas present that’s located at the back of my garage (other side of wall to my tent) and tub is turned on all the time and makes a really loud hum (hiding the noise of my fan) so that’s handy 😃

👍👍

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Is the TT single or dual speed?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    It is dual speed but can be adjusted with the way you connect electric cable. No button or switch on it

SM-N950F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-18), Karsa (06-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

It is dual speed but can be adjusted with the way you connect electric cable. No button or switch on it

As long as the fan is set up to run on the highest setting, the controller will work.

The fan and controller will probly give up after a short time if set up on a lower setting.

When twin speed or temp controlled fans are set on the low setting, the fan lowers the voltage itself. Then run it with a controller, that also lowers voltage to slow down the fan that will fook both fan and controller.

I speak from experience, my very first controller and 150mm fan, were both rhino and lasted 7 hours before they both went pop. 😔

Out of interest @Jamesjoyce do you use this gear? How are the swiftair filters compared with the popular rhino jobby?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (06-01-18), joker_the_smoker (06-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    As long as the fan is set up to run on the highest setting, the controller will work.

The fan and controller will probly give up after a short time if set up on a lower setting.

When twin speed or temp controlled fans are set on the low setting, the fan lowers the voltage itself. Then run it with a controller, that also lowers voltage to slow down the fan that will fook both fan and controller.

I speak from experience, my very first controller and 150mm fan, were both rhino and lasted 7 hours before they both went pop. 😔

Out of interest @Jamesjoyce do you use this gear? How are the swiftair filters compared with the popular rhino jobby?

Hey iron great info mate thank you

And it is grow2toke who use that filter youre askin...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Karsa (06-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i thought this is one of the same pmsl, irons works for em aswel got him on 3% commission aswel
    There is one thing I am curious about the ecotechnics evolution controller. I have read the 28 pages PDF manual and learned a bit about settings and else...
    As far as I see there is no night/day time settings on it. Or does it have?
    And how do you manage it ? Manually or you just go with constant temps for night and day?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

There is one thing I am curious about the ecotechnics evolution controller. I have read the 28 pages PDF manual and learned a bit about settings and else...
    As far as I see there is no night/day time settings on it. Or does it have?
    And how do you manage it ? Manually or you just go with constant temps for night and day?
    I just leave it the same mate for day an nyt u cud adjust though if ya got the time but for me its fine the same.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (09-01-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2