Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two LED 300w lights for four plants?

Thanks

Not really read the rest but if it was me id have 2 lights on 2 plants. If 1 wasn't enough for 2 then it will be the same with 2 for 4. I tried to do 4 plants in a 80x80x160 and i didn't have enough room, even 2 gets cramped in my tent. You will most likely need to upgrade your tent for 4 because it will be way too cramped and you wont get the best out of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Keep it to 2, maybe 3 if they are small/auto strains

I've run marshydro 300w panels as single, double and triple in a 2x3 foot and would deffo say stick with 2 and you'll have much happier plants

New Diary - Mephisto vs Fastbuds

check it out!
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

If you have good ventilation, why not go with a 400w hps? Best option for optimum growth. I use 600w myself on 4 and it does the job great.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

sick a 250w hps in there instead jobs a goodin with the option to upgrade to 400w for flower

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    Not really read the rest but if it was me id have 2 lights on 2 plants. If 1 wasn't enough for 2 then it will be the same with 2 for 4. I tried to do 4 plants in a 80x80x160 and i didn't have enough room, even 2 gets cramped in my tent. You will most likely need to upgrade your tent for 4 because it will be way too cramped and you wont get the best out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMOGreen View Post
    Keep it to 2, maybe 3 if they are small/auto strains

I've run marshydro 300w panels as single, double and triple in a 2x3 foot and would deffo say stick with 2 and you'll have much happier plants

check it out!
    okay think im gonna have to rethink the whole thing..

got the dimensions of tent wrong - it's 152" x 35" x 35" - too small for three/four plants?

I'm using this for my Epilepsy as I've found it works amazingly well to prevent seizures and can replace my meds which cause all sorts of horrible side effects.

Problem is I need to grow at least 3/4 plants as the seed variety I am growing has a large variance in the amount of cbd that can be produced. Sometimes it's 2:1 cbd/thc but can go up to 8:1 or even 20:1! cbd crew states that at least one seed in a pack of 5 will be low cbd on average so need to offset this variable somehow. I was lucky last time that both plants i grew seemed to end up being in the high cbd percentages.

they were pretty small when fully grown last time (roughly 18" tall)

do you still think two plants is the best way to go? or should i upgrade the tent and buy a more powerful light? say something in the 600w range and use the 300w i already have also?

many thanks mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    If you have good ventilation, why not go with a 400w hps? Best option for optimum growth. I use 600w myself on 4 and it does the job great.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    sick a 250w hps in there instead jobs a goodin with the option to upgrade to 400w for flower
    I've never used hps before - this is my 2nd grow so am completely lost when it comes to that area. Can I combine the lights? say use the two leds and a hps or a cfl to help em along?

sorry I'm lost when it comes to anything other than led! sacrilege I know

cheers guys, appreciate the help/thoughts

Thanks

also to admiral ackbar's question - the ventilation is pretty rudimentary, just got the one small 4" extraction fan going out of a small bedroom window so not sure if this will do for the hps?

love the name btw

cheers mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

Admiral (08-01-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leohowe3 View Post
    okay think im gonna have to rethink the whole thing..

got the dimensions of tent wrong - it's 152" x 35" x 35" - too small for three/four plants?

I'm using this for my Epilepsy as I've found it works amazingly well to prevent seizures and can replace my meds which cause all sorts of horrible side effects.

Problem is I need to grow at least 3/4 plants as the seed variety I am growing has a large variance in the amount of cbd that can be produced. Sometimes it's 2:1 cbd/thc but can go up to 8:1 or even 20:1! cbd crew states that at least one seed in a pack of 5 will be low cbd on average so need to offset this variable somehow. I was lucky last time that both plants i grew seemed to end up being in the high cbd percentages.

they were pretty small when fully grown last time (roughly 18" tall)

do you still think two plants is the best way to go? or should i upgrade the tent and buy a more powerful light? say something in the 600w range and use the 300w i already have also?

many thanks mate
    Is your selected strain auto or photo mate, could be a couple options

check it out!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMOGreen View Post
    Is your selected strain auto or photo mate, could be a couple options

check it out!
    I've had a look around but doesn't seem to be any specific info on whether "CBD therapy" is photo or auto.

Judging from my last grow and after reading the characteristics of both I'm pretty sure it's photo - i didnt flower automatically, only when i changed the lighting schedule to 12/12.

what you thinking?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leohowe3 For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leohowe3 View Post
    I've had a look around but doesn't seem to be any specific info on whether "CBD therapy" is photo or auto.

Judging from my last grow and after reading the characteristics of both I'm pretty sure it's photo - i didnt flower automatically, only when i changed the lighting schedule to 12/12.

what you thinking?
    Grow out what ya got, choose the best to clone and turn into a mother... takes out the low cbd factor and you know exactly what your getting everytime. This way you can run just 2 plants but you know they are they best of what ya got. And just carry on like this?

check it out!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

leohowe3 (08-01-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast