Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking Normal? Week 6

Thanks

Default Looking Normal? Week 6

Just wanted to see what the experts think about the looks of my situation at day 46 from 12/12 flip.

Strain: 2x RQS Amnesia Haze (up front) and 2x RQS Blue Cheese (in back)
    Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest (soil) w/ 20% perlite
    Container: 5 Gallon grow bags
    Nutes: FF Grow Big, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Big Bloom, FF Microbe Brew, Great White, Canna PK 13/14
    Lighting: 600 watt MH (veg) & 600 watt HPS (bloom)
    Ventilation: 6" inline extraction with passive intake, tower fan & clip fan
    Tent: Gorilla Grow Lite Line 2x4
    Temp & Humidity: 30-40% RH & 78-82 F (25-28 C)

My best guess is I need to feed some cal mag ASAP. I haven't fed any the entire grow and I've heard that Ocean Forest soil doesn't contain much cal mag. I did not add dolomite lime to my medium, which I will do next time for this reason.

Thoughts?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), ggotch (08-01-18), Greengrass (07-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

Looking nice a frosty there mate but she smells lovely

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18), superbeasto (07-01-18)

Thanks

looks like a very well trained sativa plant, but a little too stretched as there large lots of space between each bud site, maybe the light to high above the plant and it looks like you removed most the fan leaves in early flower ( not good for the plant)
    burnt yellow leaves could be cause by a number of things

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myEasyGrow For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18), superbeasto (07-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myEasyGrow View Post
    looks like a very well trained sativa plant, but a little too stretched as there large lots of space between each bud site, maybe the light to high above the plant and it looks like you removed most the fan leaves in early flower ( not good for the plant)
    burnt yellow leaves could be cause by a number of things
    Thanks for the reply! The sativa's still have about six weeks left so I'm expecting them to fill in. Yes they have been defoliated. But remember, it's not a fact that that's bad for the plant! The debate is still ongoing.

I'm more concerned with the sativa yellowing so early in bloom. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was the blue cheese that was yellowing since it's likely 3-4 weeks out from the chop. I'm gonna hit em with some cal mag and see if that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18), myEasyGrow (08-01-18)

Thanks

defoliated is a real art when training plants in veg and early flower, a very advance way to control the stretch at all stages, its not bad for the plant if you do it right and i still do it to my plants but don't talk about it on the forums very often because its a skill very hard to learn and even harder to explain
    The problem is the fan leaves supply the attached shoot energy so trimming or cutting the right fan leaves can slow down growth on the shoots and reduce node spacing if you do it right
    you can remove or cut fan leave to slow any single shoot on the plant giving you complete control over the plant growth so you get the node space closer and the perfect canopy shape

removing loads of random fan leaves covering bud sites will just mess the plant up, defoliated fan leaves because it covers lower bud sites will not help and will result in airy buds.
    sativa plants have small fan leaves and do most the stretch in flower so there very hard to train, the canopy with a sativa plant will never be full and reduce light getting to the lower canopy anyway

you have a very good canopy shape filled with long shoots but a very low amount of leaves that is needed to really make the colas full and long

The tips of the leaves are burnt so i would give the plants a good flush and then feed the plants at half strength and some mag/cal, so you flush any crap build up out of the root mass and give them a good feed at the same time
    they will pull around in a few days

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myEasyGrow For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18), superbeasto (08-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

sativa leaves are small??

those fan leaves are easily the size of dinner plates,
    most sativas ''any i have grown'' always have a good spacing between buds, they usually join up after week 6 or so and form long colas,

the yellowing is probably from the long stretch, you switched to bloom nutes too quickly, they need Nitrogen to grow/stretch even in flower, especially with a heavy sativa
    as for defoliation, i won't comment,

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), Karsa (08-01-18), superbeasto (08-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myEasyGrow View Post
    defoliated is a real art when training plants in veg and early flower, a very advance way to control the stretch at all stages, its not bad for the plant if you do it right and i still do it to my plants but don't talk about it on the forums very often because its a skill very hard to learn and even harder to explain
    The problem is the fan leaves supply the attached shoot energy so trimming or cutting the right fan leaves can slow down growth on the shoots and reduce node spacing if you do it right
    you can remove or cut fan leave to slow any single shoot on the plant giving you complete control over the plant growth so you get the node space closer and the perfect canopy shape

removing loads of random fan leaves covering bud sites will just mess the plant up, defoliated fan leaves because it covers lower bud sites will not help and will result in airy buds.
    sativa plants have small fan leaves and do most the stretch in flower so there very hard to train, the canopy with a sativa plant will never be full and reduce light getting to the lower canopy anyway

you have a very good canopy shape filled with long shoots but a very low amount of leaves that is needed to really make the colas full and long

The tips of the leaves are burnt so i would give the plants a good flush and then feed the plants at half strength and some mag/cal, so you flush any crap build up out of the root mass and give them a good feed at the same time
    they will pull around in a few days
    Very informative! Thank you for taking the time. Since the sativa is showing the most issues with yellowing and burning, I think I will take your advice and flush those. I'll just let the blue cheese run for another week and give it a flush in preparation for harvest.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), myEasyGrow (08-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

most sativas ''any i have grown'' always have a good spacing between buds, they usually join up after week 6 or so and form long colas,

the yellowing is probably from the long stretch, you switched to bloom nutes too quickly, they need Nitrogen to grow/stretch even in flower, especially with a heavy sativa
    Thanks Monster! I did add more veg nutes back in after I noticed the yellowing, but it didn't change anything. Would you suggest adding more after a flush?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

nitrogen now won't really help that much since they are done growing, but next time don't switch to full bloom until the stretch is almost over,
    i tend to mix both grow and bloom together ''especially with long stretching strains''
    those very yellow leaves can't be saved so there isn't much can be done for those now

an indica will only stretch for a few weeks after the flip to 12/12 a heavy sativa will easily stretch into week 4 of 12/12
    so they need nitrogen much longer, hence the yellowing,

you can add extra nitrogen now but there should be enough in the bloom nutes, it's more information for next time mate,
    at week 6 you are 2/3 of the way to the end so

that right there is a great bud mate, don't beat yaself up

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (08-01-18), Karsa (08-01-18), superbeasto (08-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

All the blades on the sativa fan leaf are very narrow so they allow light deeper in the canopy compared to a indica fan leaf

The problem with a heavily defoliation sativa plant with passive intake and a low humidity is it stresses the plant as it is important to make photosynthesis possible If the plant loses too much water, the stomata will close with the result that photosynthesis stops. If this happens, no further CO2 can be absorbed, and CO2 is required to keep the photosynthesis going.

so the plant will drink more water and absorb less food so over time the root mass ec level will increase and the ph level will reduce causing the fan leaves to turn yellow, dry out and burn the tips of the fan leaves

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myEasyGrow For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (10-01-18), G' (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (08-01-18), superbeasto (08-01-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast