Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Greetings from across the big water!

Thanks

Ok I've done some research and I think I'm going to go with two 300 watt equivalent cfl bulbs that will be enough for two or three plants correct? Should I add more for flowering?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerland View Post
    Ok I've done some research and I think I'm going to go with two 300 watt equivalent cfl bulbs that will be enough for two or three plants correct? Should I add more for flowering?
    300 watt equivalent is probably 60 watts actual. Make sure to go by the actual wattage, not the "equivalent" wattage. Those will do you much better than what you've got now. Remember I said earlier that you can probably expect 0.25-0.5 grams per watt with CFL's assuming all other conditions are ideal. So that's 30-60 grams total (not per plant, TOTAL) if you stick with just the two 300 watt equivalent CFL's. The amount of light you provide is directly proportional to the amount of bud you can expect to yield. That's why most serious growers use HID lighting in the 600-1000 watt range. You said earlier that you were looking to yield 2 oz per plant, times 3 plants that's 168 grams. Based on my shitty math education, the amount of light you'd need to realistically expect to achieve that would be about 500-600 actual watts. So about 8-10 of those 300 watt "equivalent" CFL bulbs. And you'd need to buy them twice, in warm (flowering) and cool (veg) spectrum. I imagine you're paying $15-20 each for the bulbs so you're looking at over $400 just for the lights! Obviously that is completely impractical and you'd be better served spending that money on an HID kit.

Keep up what you're doing, but set your expectations. You can still produce some high quality bud with your setup and gain some invaluable learning experience.
    Last edited by superbeasto; 09-01-18 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks

Lol what makes you want to go CFL? Veg with cfl and try get more for flower, they wont live up to what you want to get, if you dont mind a little bit on each plant then do it but you aint getting your 2 per plant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3