Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from across the big water!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerland View Post
    I am currently not using any nutes I was going to use worm castings and fox farms happy frog soil when I transfer to the five gallon buckets. I have heard that nutes can burn seedlings. So I wanted them to get slightly more developed before considering nutes. As for the lighting I plan to get more but will this sustain them for say the next three weeks? Very interested in LEDs as they use less electricity. But am open to anything in a reasonable budget. If there are any suggestions.
    Oh yeah you won't need nutes for a while as long as you're using good soil. Just watch the plants they'll let you know when they're hungry. I start feeding after the first couple weeks of vegetative growth, but some people don't start feeding until flowering. It's a case by case thing. Good luck! I would definitely start shopping for your tents and lighting ASAP.

As for the electricity cost, I'm running a 600 watt HID for my grow and I haven't noticed any change in my bill.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I think COB leds are a lot cheaper now then when i first started so that could be a better way to go if you want to go LED but you would need multiple or a really big one if you wanted to cover all them plants. Maybe you should think about doing less plants or use a few CFL's to help veg with until you pick the ones you want

3. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

superbeasto (09-01-18)

Thanks

Oh yeah and just to add to the above comment from D90, like I said I had a successful CFL grow (before LED was mainstream) so yes it can be done. I was going the budget route and did not have a tent, proper ventilation, or HID lighting. But I still ended up spending quite a bit $$ on that grow because I was growing in Coco and using Canna nutes, plus the cost of all the light bulbs and clamp lamps I used. So for all that, I managed 2 oz dried and cured. But that plant was healthy and well taken care of.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

D90 (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superbeasto View Post
    Oh yeah you won't need nutes for a while as long as you're using good soil. Just watch the plants they'll let you know when they're hungry. I start feeding after the first couple weeks of vegetative growth, but some people don't start feeding until flowering. It's a case by case thing. Good luck! I would definitely start shopping for your tents and lighting ASAP.

As for the electricity cost, I'm running a 600 watt HID for my grow and I haven't noticed any change in my bill.

Yeah fuck knows how much more it is on the bill i just been told its more, Looks like he could control the temps a lot better than i could in my tent so HPS is prob best route for him. So many trash LEDS about for cheap that it ends up expensive especially if you need more than 1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

superbeasto (09-01-18)

Thanks

I was going to do a CFL grow on my first one but this forum convinced me not to lol, would def work nice for veg if you want to veg a few cheaply but as you said you need perfection out of it to get good amounts if you trying to flower with it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

superbeasto (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    I was going to do a CFL grow on my first one but this forum convinced me not to lol, would def work nice for veg if you want to veg a few cheaply but as you said you need perfection out of it to get good amounts if you trying to flower with it
    Yeah exactly like my shit was dialed in for not having proper tent/vent/light. I even played classical music for that bitch every day. Lol! Turned out to be some great smoke and was like a 4 foot tall plant but yep, only 2 oz. Cannabis loves light, go big or go home.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

D90 (09-01-18)

Thanks

After researching LED's for my own needs, I settled on old school HID lighting. LED appeared to only be superior in applications where heat was a major concern. Not worth it in my situation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

D90 (09-01-18)

Thanks

Yeah it all depends on what you need and where you are and shit, Like my situation i just cant have that type of heat around and it was just a lot easier and more comfortable for me to get LED.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

superbeasto (09-01-18)

Thanks

So those two silver lamps are rated for 300watts each could I put some 100watt mh or hid bulbs into them without a ballist? If so then that would be a viable option for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerland View Post
    So those two silver lamps are rated for 300watts each could I put some 100watt mh or hid bulbs into them without a ballist? If so then that would be a viable option for me.
    Nope, won't work. HID needs ballast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast