Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ecotechnics

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Hi matey,

The way these things work is like this;

You set your desired temp. This is the temp the box aims for as a constant.

I set mine at 25 degrees.

You then set your fan speed. That ranges from 25% to 100%.

I have mine on 50%, I would never go below 50% because your fan won't like it.

You then set the differentials. These are for the heater and the fan.

I have my heat drop differential set at 5 degrees. That means if my room goes down to 20 degrees, my fan switches off completely and the heater kicks in.

Then I set my heat rise differential to 2 degrees. That means that when the heater switches on and temps hit 22, the heater switches off and your fan kicks back in at the pre set setting.

I leave mine set like that most of the time.

With autos I do 24/0 so temps need to be constant.

With photos I also leave as is, that way lights on I get 25 degrees constant and lights of it fluctuates between 20/22.

You also have an RH setting on it. Set it to 80% while vegging and it will stay as high as poss.

Most importantly in flower you can set the RH to 45%, if the RH goes over 45% your fan kicks in at a higher setting to clear the humidity. Once it's below 45% your fan goes back to pre set setting.

It takes a couple of hours to get it dialled in but once you've done it, it's like have a bitch in the groom to do what you tell it .

I hope this makes sense, if not let me know and I'll try and break it down a bit more for you bud.

The instruction you get with it are very good. I can take a pic of them and post them if you'd like?

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

Thank you mate figured out most of it now, great info. If I do not have or do not want to use a heater, then it just slows the fans and tries to make temps as close to the desired temp or after that differential degree just turns fans off?
    In a case where the fans stay turned off for so long and the temp stays under the differential degree cause there is no heater and it is still cold... This time the rh differential will kick in right? So the fans will start to work to get the excess rh...

I am just trying to understand if using a heater with it is essential in winter mate?
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ironman (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    Thank you mate figured out most of it now, great info. If I do not have or do not want to use a heater, then it just slows the fans and tries to make temps as close to the desired temp or after that differential degree just turns fans off?
    In a case where the fans stay turned off for so long and the temp stays under the differential degree cause there is no heater and it is still cold... This time the rh differential will kick in right? So the fans will start to work to get the excess rh...

I am just trying to understand if using a heater with it is essential in winter mate?
    If you had no heater then your fan would just switch off when you hit the lower differential.

If the fan switches off and the temps don't rise again then the fan will not switch back on. It will only turn back on when the temp has risen to the higher differential.

Personally, I grow in my shed and I've seen minus temps out here so I just couldn't do without the heater, unless Im growing autos and the lights are on 24 hours a day.

My brother bought the heater I use in my groom from bnq the other day, £13. You may as Well just get one bud. You can set it on a low setting so it doesn't rinse your leccy. It's a 2kw heater but has a switch to change to 1kw and then 6 settings within each of those settings.

You can have your fan setting on zero.
    What happens then is, the fan is off all the time but when temps hit 25 or 26 the fans kicks in and drops it by a degree or so.

Only issue with that is that every 7 to 10 mins you fan kicks on for 1 minute drops the temps, then switches off until it heats up again. This is good for seedlings as you can create a really high RH in there because there's no constant air exchange.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    If you had no heater then your fan would just switch off when you hit the lower differential.

If the fan switches off and the temps don't rise again then the fan will not switch back on. It will only turn back on when the temp has risen to the higher differential.

Personally, I grow in my shed and I've seen minus temps out here so I just couldn't do without the heater, unless Im growing autos and the lights are on 24 hours a day.

My brother bought the heater I use in my groom from bnq the other day, £13. You may as Well just get one bud. You can set it on a low setting so it doesn't rinse your leccy. It's a 2kw heater but has a switch to change to 1kw and then 6 settings within each of those settings.

You can have your fan setting on zero.
    What happens then is, the fan is off all the time but when temps hit 25 or 26 the fans kicks in and drops it by a degree or so.

Only issue with that is that every 7 to 10 mins you fan kicks on for 1 minute drops the temps, then switches off until it heats up again. This is good for seedlings as you can create a really high RH in there because there's no constant air exchange.

All clear now
    Thanks a lot bud

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ironman (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    All clear now
    Thanks a lot bud
    No probs mate, if you need any more help, give us a shout.

I got a reconditioned on off the bay for £100. They pop up now and again so keep looking and I'm sure you'll get one soon😁

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Do you not need to worry about putting a humidifier or de humidifier in your groom then? Just rely on the fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    Do you not need to worry about putting a humidifier or de humidifier in your groom then? Just rely on the fans?

No mate. The fans can help control it to sum extent but come flower you will need run dehumidifier 24.7 regardless

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

if extractor fan goes off what happend with the smell?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue poh For This Useful Post:

Ironman (10-01-18), joker_the_smoker (10-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    No mate. The fans can help control it to sum extent but come flower you will need run dehumidifier 24.7 regardless
    Cheers mate. Would you connect your intake fan and a standard fan for air movement to the controller or your intake and extractor?
    Sorry for all the questions mate.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (10-01-18), joker_the_smoker (10-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    Cheers mate. Would you connect your intake fan and a standard fan for air movement to the controller or your intake and extractor?
    Sorry for all the questions mate.

Intake and extractor fans mate

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Ironman (10-01-18), joker_the_smoker (10-01-18), millwall115 (10-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by blue poh View Post
    if extractor fan goes off what happend with the smell?
    Make sure op1 setting is on this stops extractor cutting out wen heater kicks in

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

blue poh (10-01-18), Ironman (10-01-18), millwall115 (10-01-18)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast