Thread: Seedlings Dead/dying, first time grower

Thanks

Default Seedlings Dead/dying, first time grower

So i started my seeds off in a glass cup with water to germinate, took a couple days but looked healthy, i then placed them into small cups with the canna terra soil, watered it, and watered again every 2-3 days, i know this is alot of water but the soil seemed very dry.

the roots of the seedlings seem dried up and dead, and one of them simply has no roots and just looks brown and dead,every time i watered there was about 30% runoff i had them on a 600W MH in a 4x4 tent 14 inches away from the bulb on an 18/6, 2/6 sprouted and the rest have seemed to die. I havn't checked the PH of the water i've used to both germinate them and feed them, average heat was 30-31C with 10% humidity with lights on, average heat with lights off was 19C and 34% humidity, i'm thinking i overheated them by having them 14 inches away at such heat, and thus overwatering them because the soil felt so dry? but i have no idea since this is my first grow, please help i'll attach a couple pictures, i should add airflow seems good, tent suctions well, have an inline fan too, and an extractor fan, the above images are about 4 days into the grow of being placed into the pots

sorry for the bad quality of the images, but you can get the idea of what they look like

https://imgur.com/a/iztVe
    Last edited by Ironman; 15-02-18 at 06:43 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbles93 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

hi,unable to see the pic im afraid but tbh sounds like youve drowned them and then cooked them.

would bin and start again.perhaps using erberts excellent guide and the ensuing posts in that thread. cheers n atb.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-seeds-in-soil

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-18)

Thanks

if you remove the spaces it should let you see, 2 look relativelty healthy, could i keep them and order some new ones to add to the grow or just start from scratch?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbles93 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

your humidity is crazy low an temps real high, i wud think you have been drenchin them to much also.

when they that young its important to keep the RH high as they dont have the root system for drenching the soil, cutting the top off coke bottles and using them as domes placed over them will help keep it nice and high and sprayin the inside of them with water here an there.

i would start a diary and list out you grow more in detail and people can help and tag along

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ggotch (09-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

that medium they are in looks super dried out,
    also why are the pots only 1/3 full?

Thanks

thanks for the reply, do you think i could keep growing the 2 healthy ones and order some new ones like today, or would that be a problem?

Thanks

i honestly don't know why its so dry, i think it would be because i had it 14 inches away from the bulb?