Thread: Panel height above canopy...?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Default Panel height above canopy...?

Hey folks, curious to know how much height you have between top of canopy and your panels...? Particularly if you scrog or lst.

I have height restrictions and use a panel with 3w diodes, which is coming to the end of its life. In flower I have perhaps 10cm between bud tops and panel (sometimes they're touching). Most panels seem to use 5w diodes these days. I need to know if a 5w panel is simply going to fry my buds and whether I just stick to 3w if I can find one?

Safe growing...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

gardro (10-01-18), MonsterEnergy (10-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hi mate I wouldn't worry about the wattage of the diodes too much. For example the Mars 300w is allegedly 60 x 5W but only consumes around 140W so each 5W emitter is only running at 2.3W

Im running at around 10 inches from the flowers now but I wouldnt want to go any closer. The PAR level would be crazy high

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (10-01-18), Phineasfreek (11-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

2 foot i had mine they dont spread light like HID see.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Phineasfreek (11-01-18)