Thread: Ecotechnics evolution controller

Thanks

Default Ecotechnics evolution controller

I bought one of these as I'm growing in a garage and it's just easier to let this little gizmo control the fans and heater for me.
    But I'm a bit confused with the hysteresis?
    So if any of you ecotechnics gurus could help that'd be great.

I've set my temp for 26c
    My heater for 23c
    Fan min 30%. Max %75

My understanding is that anything below 23c my heater will turn on and then turn off when it hits 26c? Is this right?

But what I don't truly understand is how the temp hysteresis settings play into this? Or how the humidity hysteresis settings work either?

Does the fan just scale the fan power depending on where the humidity is at vs your desired humidity?

Thanks for any help guys.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Welshgrow For This Useful Post:

gardro (14-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hi mate

I dont have an ecotechnics but hysteresis is the difference between switch on and switch off thresholds. Cooling will have a setting I assume and so will heating

So for cooling, if set point is 26, hysteresis is 2 then the fans will run at the max speed until temp hits 24. The bigger the hysteresis, the switching will be less often and less twitchy the controller will be

Heating would be the other way. Set at 23, hysteresis =2, heater off at 25.

Be careful that you dont get overlaps, but im sure the eco has already programmed to stop that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Welshgrow (14-01-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the reply mate!
    I’ve set it all up now and gave a it a dry run for a few hours and it seems like it’s doing a bang up job of keeping it all in check.
    Suppose the next thing to do now is to pop a few seeds and start a diary!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

give joker a shout or have a browse thu the ecotechnic thread, theres a setting somewhere ya have to be sure is on the right one so it doesnt cut things out when somehing else pops on. its a tasty bitta kit, im saving the pennies to buy one myself.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Welshgrow (14-01-18)

Thanks

Yea it's to turn on op1 so fan and heater run at the same time otherwise during the winter I imagine things could get a bit smelly/stale in there!!
    All done now terming my seeds tomorrow! Can't wait

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Cool

like lipo said its just the gap for the temp swing. i have mine set to about 4 yea, make sure op1 setting is switched on matey
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...he-ecotechnics

my current set up on the controller in veg is min 30, max 70, rh 60, htr 18, hys about 3 or 4. this is based on my large over kill fans etc. every one groom different

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

lipnobody (15-01-18), Welshgrow (16-01-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the reply joker!
    So what temp are you setting it at then for the different stages if you don't mind me asking?