Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys! Newbie here looking forward to learning!

Thanks

Default Hi guys! Newbie here looking forward to learning!

Hi guys,

I’m new to this in fact I don’t have a set up yet and don’t plan to for a little while until I’ve done my full research!

Now I have an idea of the kind of set up I was looking at but would like people opinions and please tell me if I’m wrong with anything as I know I’m not experienced in this.
    I was looking to get a tent set up 2.4 x 1.2 x 2 mtr lwh I was thinking about having 2 x 1200 w Mars ll Led lights with all the carbon filters etc... my plan was to put 5 plants under each light? I could go for a bigger tent if it would be better any way like a 3x2x2 mtr

Also I planned on growing in soil not sure what to use yet but I’m still investigating as for seeds something like a WW or AH although may get some strawberry Kush in there aswell. Was looking at feminised seeds

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

BB (14-01-18), GEORGE (14-01-18), redisiel (14-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

WW I find to be a very resilient plant and a good start to growing.never used led lights so can’t comment.as for your 5 under each light well....that’s the forum limit of number of plants allowed so be carful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-18), redisiel (14-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Welcome to the forum matey, I personally don’t think led lights are the way to go but that’s my opinion, there’s lots of help here I would suggest starting a diary when you are ready and you’ll get plenty help for sure
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

BB (14-01-18), GEORGE (14-01-18), Reggie12 (14-01-18)

Thanks

Cheers guys , I only thought about LED due to reading about yields etc but couldn’t afford the more expensive types! If these aren’t worth bothering with I understand that’s cool and I’m open to other options! So fire away any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Would anybody recommend the best place that does a full tent kit? I’ve looked on grow Genius they have some set ups but I’m unfamiliar with this kind of thing so don’t wanna just buy something that’s not good if you get me??

Thanks

If it isn't legal where you're at I'd recommend going to a hydro shop and paying cash. They'll usually order stuff for you too if they don't have what you want in stock. You pay a little more but have the peace of mind of no paper trail. They should also be happy to help you put together a good kit and ask you no questions since you're dropping a hefty amount of cash in their store.

If heat isn't an issue, go with two 1000 watt HID kits with cool hoods. MH and HPS. Would be a strong setup for the personal grower lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks

So if I were to go with two 1000 w would that make a massive difference? Don’t mean to sound stupid

Thanks

So what I’m now asking us how big a difference am I gonna see using 1000w over 600w? Sorry for all the questions! As I said I’m in no rush to start as I’d rather have a better knowledge before diving in! Hopefully save me wasting money on rubbish

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

I wouldn't buy a 'kit' they always compromise on quality to bring the lowest prices
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (15-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

1200w led panel doesn't even draw 480 watts, so i doubt you could grow 2/3 plants under one light never mind 5,
    2x 600w hid lights would be a much better idea, as m_c said avoid kits if you can,

1k lights are great but will mean more heat, better extraction and so on,

2x 600w could easily manage 4 plants under each

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast