Thread: what will low humidity do to my seedlings?

Thanks

Default what will low humidity do to my seedlings?

Hi guys been struggling a little with humidity in my newly set up 1.2 x 2.4 and wondered if someone could help?
    currently got it sitting pretty stable at about 24-26 degrees celcius and between 45-55% rh,
    plants are still seedlings but now fully out of propagator but still only at there first nodes,
    i know i want to be around 70% rh dropping to 60% during veg and to 50% for flower.

here are my questions guys

what will my lower rh do to my seedlings?
    am i safe to run this rh right through to harvest?
    if so how will it affect my harvest?

any help or previous experience with running rooms at lower rh deeply apreciated, thanks guys

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (21-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Your current rh is fine for seedlings..... You can cut the top off a plastic bottle and place it on them if you are worried. This will almost immediately bring your RH up.... They really dont need that much humidity, it is just preffered, but I would be more concerned with temps, which you have locked in then RH at this point. Anything under 50% Rh in flower is what you want, once you get too much higher then that you start running into mold issues, and water droplet build ups. In that small of a tent u could also use wet towels to bring up the RH but I wouldnt bother.... Shit my seedlings and veggers are in 35% rh and chugging along just fine.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

BB (22-01-18), GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (22-01-18), KieranH (22-01-18), M_C (21-01-18), Smokerontheroof (21-01-18)

Thanks

where would i be without you skunky! thanks for all the help i do apreciate it! i know im posting a lot of worries about what may be minor things but i just want to optimize those results since i only have 8 little critical kush babys, so basically i can run that humidity an temp right through making sure to keep them on the lower side of things during flower? if so thats perfect and means the growrooms now pretty much solid in terms of what i want! again thanks for the help man, one quick question off topic, when would you say is best to remove c02 bags? ive read week 5 of flowering is that about right? thanks mate

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (22-01-18), Skunky n funky (21-01-18)

Thanks

This is my opinion, but you can loose the CO2 now...... With us small time growers, we give our lil spaces so many air exchanges that CO2 levels will never be a problem. Now the big industrial guys who do not use air exchanges, they need the CO2 compensated for. Ya your Rh should be good for the entirty of the grow. Watch it in flowering tho, air tends to move around less, and RH always tends to creep up on me when the tent and canopy is packed. Your environment sounds pretty spot on, so keep it up.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (22-01-18), Smokerontheroof (21-01-18)

Thanks

yeah i did kinda think it may be a waste.. i have a pretty steady flow of fresh air in and then back out of the tent so i think most of it would be sucked away.. suppose my next major task is my first bout of topping! exciting times ahead thanks again skunky!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (22-01-18), Skunky n funky (21-01-18)

Thanks

Topping becomes second nature before you know it......

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-01-18), Greengrass (22-01-18), Smokerontheroof (22-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Will stunt there growth and cause nute problems.
    Seedlings/plants take water in through there leaves,low humidity causes them to take water through roots there by forcing them (plants) to take in more feed then they need.Then you have shit load of problems.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

Smokerontheroof (22-01-18)

Thanks

so even at 55% humidity my leaves wont be able to take in enough water?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokerontheroof View Post
    so even at 55% humidity my leaves wont be able to take in enough water?
    55% is just fine mate,was talkin below %30.
    Like growin kush,I find they thrive in lower temps of 21c-23c.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (22-01-18), Smokerontheroof (22-01-18)

Hobbit Guest

Skunky nailed it mate ive had seedlings grow well in a lot less humidity and the 70% is just an optimum.. In nature a seedling takes what ever nature throws at it.
    In a lower humidity the plant works a little harder to stay hydrated as it loses more moisture to evapotranspiration. By raising the humidity your not going to need the media so moist so you can dry it out more and make those roots search for water which gives you a bigger root system for later. As the plant gets bigger you want that humidity lower to assist and increase evapotranspiration which is obviously going to increase water/nutrient up take.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (22-01-18), Smokerontheroof (22-01-18), tom222 (22-01-18)