Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First time grower_Is these symptoms a problem ?

Thanks

Here is a better picture of the soil content
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2943 (1).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	355771

Look forward to hear from u
    Last edited by Max_it; 22-01-18 at 10:53 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max_it For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), Greengrass (23-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Hi max can I make a suggestion?
    I once tried a soil with clay in it bought from a diy store and it was like pissing in the wind with it trying to grow weed with it, it would just not dry out at all and plants were stunted that bad I binned them all
    Your pots look small from the pictures
    So my idea is if you have the funds and because it's your first attempt at growing buy a bag of soil designed with cannabis in mind for example plant magic soil supreme is what I use or even biobizz light mix the difference between those and garden centre soil is night and day they are as light as air, mix them with 30% perlite and it will hold your hand for 3-4 weeks no need to feed during that time, I have been growing for just 2 years and I won't change from plant magic soil ever
    Repot your plant into 10 litres of this and your going to be amazed at the difference for just a few £ more that it's well worth it
    Are your plants Auto's or photo period plants? , I do hope it's the later because you will have time to turn it around
    If it's an auto the clock started the day it germinated and clock can't be stopped, if it's say a 12 week auto whether it's 2 inches high or 2 foot high it will start to die around that time give or take a few weeks
    Let us know which it is auto or photo
    Sorry to be a harbinger of doom
    Atb mate

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), Max_it (23-01-18)

Thanks

The heat pad mate I used for just over a week until the roots got going
    In contrast mate this is my 2 week auto in 10 litres of plant magic soil supreme Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0222018111934.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	355780
    With an auto you gotta have it dialled in from the get go or its time lost
    If your growing photo its easy to turn around
    GL max

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18)

Thanks

The heat pad mate I used for just over a week until the roots got going
    In contrast mate this is my 2 week auto in 10 litres of plant magic soil supreme Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0222018111934.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	355780
    With an auto you gotta have it dialled in from the get go or its time lost
    If your growing photo its easy to turn around
    GL max
    Ah bollocks double post

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), Hashhound (24-01-18), Max_it (23-01-18)

Thanks

no heat pad? Try old style rubber hot water bottle
    wrapped in a pillow case and sit your pots on it
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 23-01-18 at 12:41 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), Max_it (23-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks with the tip for the heat pad Innerself, Ill see if i can find one -ill try the rubber hot water bottle for shure !
    So here is the deal :
    If I could i would shure buy a mix that is mixed for cannabis growing. The thing is though that its not to be found anywhere here. Currently I am in Greenland
    - And trust me its hard to find the right materials here. Today I was at a local flower-store. I think I can find a soil without / nutrients maybe without clay. But then the Ph of the soil will be low right - Then i could add some calcium/chalk ?

Innerself, your ladie looks nice
    I knew that something could/would go wrong, so i didnt buy the autos - I decide
    But tell me is there anything I could do to still use this soil, if i cant find anything else ? I will mix perlite and leca stones in it aswell.

Are my pots too small? I thought it was to early to plant in the big 12L pots - I have some medium at 3,5L which i was thinking of replanting in soon and then afterwards in the 12L how does that sound?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max_it For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max_it View Post
    Thanks with the tip for the heat pad Innerself, Ill see if i can find one -ill try the rubber hot water bottle for shure !
    So here is the deal :
    If I could i would shure buy a mix that is mixed for cannabis growing. The thing is though that its not to be found anywhere here. Currently I am in Greenland
    - And trust me its hard to find the right materials here. Today I was at a local flower-store. I think I can find a soil without / nutrients maybe without clay. But then the Ph of the soil will be low right - Then i could add some calcium/chalk ?

Innerself, your ladie looks nice
    I knew that something could/would go wrong, so i didnt buy the autos - I decide
    But tell me is there anything I could do to still use this soil, if i cant find anything else ? I will mix perlite and leca stones in it aswell.

Are my pots too small? I thought it was to early to plant in the big 12L pots - I have some medium at 3,5L which i was thinking of replanting in soon and then afterwards in the 12L how does that sound?
    Hi max I can understand now it's hard to get your hands on one of those soils I mentioned where you live
    But if possible try to get one without any clay in at all ( whatever you do don't buy miracle grow or similar with time release nutrients in it)
    Clay is fine if you wanted to retain water which is OK for anything but cannabis plants
    But for cannabis we want to go from seed to weed in a short a time as possible while maximising your harvest to pay yourself back from the amount of electricity we're spending
    Ignore what's happening above the soil for a sec and just try to grow some roots
    If roots allways have water available it won't spread out and you will just have a tiny root ball which can't sustain a whole plant with fruits
    Roots will take a good drink of water but also like to take gulps of air as well and when it has run low on water we want the roots to go searching for water with a path of least resistance, clay forms a barrier of solid material which can slow it down reaching what it needs in turn slowing the growth up top
    And as the water depletes pockets of air become available to the root mass which will transfer all through the plant
    So we want a wet and dry cycle just like nature would, that's where perlite or similar volcanic rock helps

Yes mate pot to say 5 litre tub or near that but even with the soil you have try to sieve it to get any big lumps out, run it through your fingers to get it as fine as possible while adding a good 40% perlite to 60% soil as with each watering the soil is going to compact itself, and do the same when you pot up to your final size of your 12 litre plant pot 15 litre would be ideal and allways try not to drown the soil just moist will do, you could easily go more than a week before water needs adding, your leaves will tell you when it's thirsty
    Allways remember bigger roots bigger fruits

As for heat pads or hot water bottles you just want it warm not boiling hot, you just want the roots to sense the warmth and go feeling for it

Sorry for long reply mate
    DISCLAIMER : This isnt the ramblings of a stoner, by choice and wife's Ill health I've not had a smoke since new years eve
    I'm no expert max these are just the things I've learnt from the members here, in the last 7 days I've still asked for advice on things and the guys have come through and helped out
    GL mate anything your still unsure of post here and me or the members will drop in
    Last edited by Greengrass; 23-01-18 at 04:31 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), joker_the_smoker (25-01-18), Max_it (25-01-18), WF420 (23-01-18)

Thanks

Holy shit think I must have broken the record for the amount of times rxxts have been mentioned in a post (any award for that?)
    I apologise to any one who gets rootlash from reading
    Bad time at the hospital and lack of sleep is the culprit
    Sorry fellas

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18)

Hobbit Guest

its all about roots mate. I always get a chuckle at the word as here in oz we use the word root the same way you lot use the word shag.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18), Greengrass (23-01-18), Max_it (25-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Hi max I can understand now it's hard to get your hands on one of those soils I mentioned where you live
    But if possible try to get one without any clay in at all ( whatever you do don't buy miracle grow or similar with time release nutrients in it)
    Clay is fine if you wanted to retain water which is OK for anything but cannabis plants
    But for cannabis we want to go from seed to weed in a short a time as possible while maximising your harvest to pay yourself back from the amount of electricity we're spending
    Ignore what's happening above the soil for a sec and just try to grow some roots
    If roots allways have water available it won't spread out and you will just have a tiny root ball which can't sustain a whole plant with fruits
    Roots will take a good drink of water but also like to take gulps of air as well and when it has run low on water we want the roots to go searching for water with a path of least resistance, clay forms a barrier of solid material which can slow it down reaching what it needs in turn slowing the growth up top
    And as the water depletes pockets of air become available to the root mass which will transfer all through the plant
    So we want a wet and dry cycle just like nature would, that's where perlite or similar volcanic rock helps

Yes mate pot to say 5 litre tub or near that but even with the soil you have try to sieve it to get any big lumps out, run it through your fingers to get it as fine as possible while adding a good 40% perlite to 60% soil as with each watering the soil is going to compact itself, and do the same when you pot up to your final size of your 12 litre plant pot 15 litre would be ideal and allways try not to drown the soil just moist will do, you could easily go more than a week before water needs adding, your leaves will tell you when it's thirsty
    Allways remember bigger roots bigger fruits

As for heat pads or hot water bottles you just want it warm not boiling hot, you just want the roots to sense the warmth and go feeling for it

Sorry for long reply mate
    DISCLAIMER : This isnt the ramblings of a stoner, by choice and wife's Ill health I've not had a smoke since new years eve
    I'm no expert max these are just the things I've learnt from the members here, in the last 7 days I've still asked for advice on things and the guys have come through and helped out
    GL mate anything your still unsure of post here and me or the members will drop in

Really thanks for the good explanation of the root-system Innerself. Truly thanks for the shared knowledge - dont u say sorry at all mate.
    I get it, roots is the key word - focus on whats beneath the leaves for now

So I repotted today. I think I have found a soil without clay. Anyways clay is not found on the package deklaration.
    Half of the pot is soil the other half is a mixture of leca and perlite. Maybe I did the repot it a bit to early because some of the roots broke as they were so fragile. Normally this would not concern me with other plants, because u then strengthen the roots. I just hope its the same with cannabis. While dooing the repot i notised that the temperature in the cups was warm and cozy. I know that a repot will stun the plants a bit but i have a good feeling about this..
    Still i bought a old style rubber water bottle and its underneath the new pots.
    Thanks again man. Ill write here if i get stuck in problems
    Wish u and your wife all the best.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Max_it For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast