Thread: nutes for autos in coco

Thanks

Default nutes for autos in coco

Been looking into nutes for the last few days and think i'm starting to understand but want to make sure before i buy/waste money on them. Trying to wrap my head around everything as i will start buying on Friday. I will be getting a bluelab EC truncheon and probably essentials ph reader (read that the ec truncheon doesn't need to be calibrated?)

Canna coco a+b throughout entire grow - base nutrients
    Rhizotonic throughout entire grow - stronger roots
    great white mycorrhizae - first few weeks to build up healthy fungus in coco for roots?
    pk 13/14 - start of flowering through to flush (reducing just before flush?)
    silicone up until flowering - for stronger stems? guessing it will help with LST?
    Calmag - guessing calcium and magnesium? handy to have a bottle lying around just incase?
    PH Down

Does this sound about right for what i will be needing? In regards to amounts do you just start adding small amount (0.5ml/L - 1ml/L) check where the EC and PH are and either add some PH down or add more water to lower ec? (depending on what my base ec will be, pretty sure it's going to be low as we live in a soft water area)

Hoping i've got this right or at least in the right area

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrcroc For This Useful Post:

Trex (22-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I use Canna Coco A&B & PK 13/14 pretty much exclusively...

...add all your nutes & then PH adjust the feed
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (23-01-18), Mrcroc (22-01-18), turnkey (05-03-18)

Thanks

Do you think the others will be overkill? This will be my first grow so just want to make sure i have everything i need there ready

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

They're solid products anyway, I never bothered with silicone or mycho but others do, Rhizotonic ill normally tail off in flower apart from a dose at stress periods (stuff ain't cheap) plus i want that extra space in the EC for fruits, not roots at that point. PK i'll tail off maybe 2/3 weeks before flush it's EC heavy and can give a nasty burn/stress if overused.

A bluelab EC meter will not need calibrated, they get locked in at the factory, pH pens are the twitchy bugger. Mix up your desired EC first, dilute if needed, let it settle a bit THEN check and sort the pH
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Mrcroc (22-01-18), turnkey (05-03-18)

Thanks

Everything else is most peoples staples... but I just tend to keep things fairly basic

I have both PH down & up - if I overshoot too far with the PH down, I'll correct with PH up

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Mrcroc (22-01-18)

Thanks

cheers guys, glad to know i'm starting to get an understanding. No doubt it will all go out the window when it comes to actually using it though

From my understanding coco doesn't hold in the nutrients like soil does and dries out alot quicker so will be watering at least once a day (obviously depending on how thirsty she is!) do i water with nutes every time slowly increasing the strength (putting ec up by 0.1 every week or so?) I know this will change from plant to plant but just a general rule of thumb?

Thanks

You can't over water coco, it'll only ever contain the optimal amount of moisture. It is inert, as you say, & you should be watering to run off daily...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Mrcroc (23-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Rhizo is good but maybe only a week or 2 at a push into flower.

I use basic feed and pk.

I would add ph up to your list too and calibration fluid for your ph meters.
    I have an essentials ph meter, I seem to go through ph metres like confetti, thing is I've only ever calibrated it with ph7 and it seems to have lost the will to work ( sorry if I'm messing up this thread) should I be really using ph 10 and 4 as well?

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go bluelab as I should have done years ago!

Grow your own medicine.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Mrcroc (23-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks guys, does the bluelab ph truncheon need calibrating or is it the same as the ec? Havn't bought either yet so may just go bluelab for them both if they are that much better