Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alien rdwc 2 600w hps setup help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

sorry the second line is meant to say i cant even hear my chiller over the groom noise
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (26-01-18), redisiel (27-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Yo rev sorry mate just seen this
    You'll want the chiller unless you know what your doing like reds. I ran mine with. I chiller to test it with lights on and the water was 32 degrees within 12 hours so for peace of mind it would be handy. Now I've got a decent canopy shading the pots the chiller barely kicks in and put probably not even once an hour for a few mins.
    Header pot can go outside tent then u can feel like me and have a magical mixing pot at the side for top ups and adding stuff without opening the tent up every time. The air pump supplied barely makes a hum I've sat it on foam but it's not even needed.
    The noise of the system is suprisingly quiet. I thought my house woot rattle with 9 airstones sitting on wood flooring bit it doesn't. Think I measured 44 decibels on one of them phone apps.
    The fans will be the noisy bit. I've got 8 inches (i wish) extraction and just using passive intake. Budlight years one is the one I followed and that's silent as it's gonna get. I used it for 2 years 6 foot from my neighbours washing line blowing at full blast and she never heard a thing (clothes dried really quickly to )
    Finally 2 strains may be your downfall if they arnt similar feeders you can't tailor one plants feed if it's not enjoying itself. Maybe 8 of the same for first run.
    Finally finally I got the 2 parabolics and was well impressed with the light spread but mine grew to tall and had to buy some barn open oneswhich has cooked me a bit. So less veg or better training than I did if you please matey lol
    Hope that helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

See what I mean about the stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

my tuppence,
    fans and water pumps etc will drown out the chiller. ive never experienced a noisy chiller and have had 150's 300s and 500.
    these systems are not quiet,
    8 pots in that size tent will be far too much, unless you only veg them for a week -10 days. 4 would be much easier to keep under control, and will yield as much as 8, with just another weeks veg
    Mixed strains are allways a compromise, feed wise, but if you compromise it can work,

oh and build your own, its about 1/4 the cost of an alien. ive owned both Alien xl55pro and made about half a dozen DIY systems over the years, and there is no difference in the end result.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdwc new.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	355988 my latest effort, mid build

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (27-01-18), redisiel (27-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys !
    Ginger-bud , your grow is looking great ! I have a 10" rvk coming so will look into making that acoustic box .

Hi bigbadbillybob , thanks for the advice mate, I really don't have any time to make one work and kids. wish there was a cheaper version out there.

English herbsman , I am a bit worried about the noise , am going to have to try and be creative with insulation and sound proofing.
    My garage is detached and has a over grown bramble feeld the other side of it so I think the main thing I will have to worry about is the door opening and closing when I go in and out .

The strain I grow changes every bloody day, I am so bad at disisions :0 think I'm going to go with critical Cush, or incredibul bulk ??

Probably Critical , lol

Thanks for all the input peeps , rev

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (29-01-18)

Thanks

Hi guys , just starting to setup and trying to plan out 8 tanks in my 2.5x1.2n tent .

I have a 6 tub setup and want to get 2 more so I can turn it into an 8.

I will have to have the header tank in the tent and when I get a water cooler that will be outside the tent .

I have worked out how to get 8 tubs in there ok but the header tank will be very close to the two closest crow tubs.

Do you guys think this will be a problem when the plants are growing and I am adding nutes and checking ph and what not ?

Any advice or suggestions would be great .

Thanks

Rev

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Where's the tent access in relation to the header tub?

Thanks

Hi dirty badger , I will be able to acses from behind the tank .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Can't see it being an issue then dude. I had a inspection hatch that was close to 1 of my plants in my old system, never caused me any issues

Thanks

Hi dirty badger , that's good to know , Im shore I can work with it , just think if I'm going to grow 6 I might as well grow 8

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast