Thread: Northern Lights Auto 2 weeks old

Thanks

Default Northern Lights Auto 2 weeks old

I have read almost every article I could find on leave curling, but couldn't find out why my leaves are curling up. (1st picture)
    Also there's some spots on one of the first leaves at the bottom and I have no idea why they are there. (2nd picture)
    I put my thermometer in 3 different places and the temperatures are between 23.5c and 26c.
    Humidity is between 30% and 35%. (I know this isn't good but I read that as long as it doesn't drop below 20% it should be fine)
    My 250w MH is hanging 60cm above the plant.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

You will need to get your post count up to 10 to post pictures go say hello in the introduce section and 3 word story
    As for leaf curling list what your growing in , lights, extraction pretty much your whole setup

Atb fella
    Last edited by Greengrass; 25-01-18 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

Growbox: HydroShoot 80cm x 80cm x 160cm
    Soil: BioBizz Light Mix (no extra nutrients) in 11L pot
    Lamp: 250w MH @ 60cm 24/7
    Extraction: 220 m³/h + carbon filter
    Temps: 23.5c - 26c
    Humidity: 30% - 35%
    Plant: Northern Lights Auto (2 weeks old)

Please let me know if I forgot anything!

Thanks

You have a fan just for the plants to remove any hot spots and to gently move the plants around?
    Or it could be the soil has been a bit nutrient hot, I know it's a light mix but the plants might find it a bit discomforting ( I've just had the same with no nutes added)
    As for spots, could be magnesium deficiency or just ready for a feed as the light mix has just enough feed for only a couple of weeks
    You've hit your count so can get your pictures up now
    Last edited by Greengrass; 26-01-18 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks

Sorry, didn't realize I have to upload them again.
    It's quite a big fan for the small space, but it's pointed between the light and the plant and the plant only gets a gentle breeze so it doesn't move around too much.
    Also forgot to mention that I spray my tent/plant 2-3 a day with some water to keep the humidity stable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Havayue View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize I have to upload them again.
    It's quite a big fan for the small space, but it's pointed between the light and the plant and the plant only gets a gentle breeze so it doesn't move around too much.
    Also forgot to mention that I spray my tent/plant 2-3 a day with some water to keep the humidity stable.

That's typical heat stress the leaves are curling to try and release the heat, the fan will be just drying the air out even more.
    Your soil is quite low in the tub that it could be a pocket of hot air sitting in it, pull your fan and other gear away from the plant a bit giving it some space,
    Don't spray the plant anymore but roll a tea towel up and place one end in the bucket of water and the other resting on the pot rim it will act like a wick drawing moisture up
    Have the fan a few feet away with the bucket, towel in between the fan and plant
    Other than that heat stress plant looks sweet
    Atb mate
    Ps.. You say lights on 24/7? Think about giving a few hours dark this will raise humidity, personally I think plants benefit from a kip
    Last edited by Greengrass; 26-01-18 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks

Are the spots tiny little brown ones?
    Usually it's magnesium deficiency but if you can get a picture of the spots first, but that's a very common ill
    Get to a supermarket and buy some plain epsom salts ( check the ingredients on the back it should just say magnesium sulphate)
    A tea spoon in a jug dilute the crystals with boiling water, add this to 1.5 litres of cooled water and put in a spray bottle and lightly spray the leaves plus the underside
    Raise your lights until the plant is dry
    Last edited by Greengrass; 26-01-18 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks

I would say that they are a very light brown color, almost white. They don't seem to be spreading so I think I am just gonna leave that alone.

I'm gonna try the towel method and gonna raise the lights a little bit and hope that it works.
    I'm not sure if I can turn the lights off for a bit, because it is quite cold in my basement and I don't have a good way to control the temperature down there, but I'll see what I can do.
    Thank you for the help!