Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carbon filter choice?

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Never had an issue with the Rhino pro to be honest....Try reducing the air flow by lowering the fan speed this increases the contact time the stale air has with the carbon thus making it more efficient...I get 3~4 grows or 12~18 months continual use with exodus cheese so can't complain. Rh is another important consideration as the carbon becomes saturated with moisture the less efficient it becomes...

Regards BL
    My fan controller is set on number 3 out of 5. I can’t go lower due to temps, I’ve tried setting 4 and 5 too just out of interest. RH normally around 40% never over 50%

I have a meter of duct between the fan and filter too. Checked connections so many times. Some days it’s worse than others. I’m down to two plants per tent now so maybe with half the amount, I’ll get by. I hope so coz I just got these two and cost a small fortune

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (28-01-18), GEORGE (28-01-18), Trex (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    My fan controller is set on number 3 out of 5. I can’t go lower due to temps, I’ve tried setting 4 and 5 too just out of interest. RH normally around 40% never over 50%

I have a meter of duct between the fan and filter too. Checked connections so many times. Some days it’s worse than others. I’m down to two plants per tent now so maybe with half the amount, I’ll get by. I hope so coz I just got these two and cost a small fortune

Dont sound right does it mukka...Maybe like many companies in this day and age they sacrifice quality over making money...I do hope Rhino dont chuck their good reputation down the shitter cutting production costs in order to push profits

Regards BL

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

gardro (29-01-18), GEORGE (28-01-18), Ironman (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Chew , Vivosun are ok , have two of mine running two yesrs now with no smells . Designed in U.S ,made in china , i guess like everytning else these days .

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

The first decent filter I bought was branded Ikon, it was same price as Rhino Pro I'm still using it and in my opinion it's much better than Rhino. I tried to get another one a few months ago, but couldn't find one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by zen archer View Post
    The first decent filter I bought was branded Ikon, it was same price as Rhino Pro I'm still using it and in my opinion it's much better than Rhino. I tried to get another one a few months ago, but couldn't find one.
    Indeed I was going to write the exact same thing.

I still have mine 8 years later.

I'm not using it at the mo but will not throw it away as it still does its job

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Zen Archer (30-01-18)

Chew Guest

Has anyone used Prima Klima Pros? They are expensive but...I would pay the extra for peace of mind

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Zen Archer (30-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Funny with the timing of this thread, local grow shop started stocking red scorpion last month and removed rhino stand. Might ask if they've had any complaints.

Did any of you guys buy the Red Scorpion. My local grow shop has them in various sizes. Just wondering if you had any feedback?

xx420xx

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by xx420xx View Post
    Did any of you guys buy the Red Scorpion. My local grow shop has them in various sizes. Just wondering if you had any feedback?

xx420xx
    They're good. I use rhino pro myself

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

xx420xx (04-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    They're good. I use rhino pro myself
    oh good, I think i might go with the 8 or 10 inch version then. I might even write a review after ive completed my first grow

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xx420xx For This Useful Post:

gardro (04-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

ended up going with 8inch mountain air 1620m3/hr, bigger, cheaper an better than rhino. bit of beast though eh £130

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-02-18), Trex (06-02-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3