Thread: What are those?

Thanks

Default What are those?

Hi, Im trying to narrow down what this little pricks can be and how to get rid of them. I've grown indoors for years now and never had any pests. I live high (8 floor) in a flat building and I started doing hot peppers for fun on my balcony and some seedlings inside and after one season of hot peppers I got them bugs going trough my main love. Any suggestions, please? They move fast-ish, tend to jump from time to time. I think the younger ones are white, then they turn brown. Tried removing them with regular flower stuff - didnt work, then tried some Neudorff Spruzit - it slows them and kills a lot of them, but they come back. A couple of months I didnt grow anything, disinfected the chamber, but not the whole room, and after I resumed they started coming again. The plant can grow with them on it, they have a hard time eating a whole plant and it can produce nice buds with them on it, but it sure is a stress to it. They can devour clones if not cared after though, so it is a problem for me. Now I grow this experimental plant, they start eating it from the ground up, hardly any bugs at the top of the plant. Another funny observations is that I cloned that plant and the clones are really close to it, no bugs during root development, after that it took them like 2 days to move to the clones after I put them in pots, but only the brown ones move there, the white stay with the mother plant. Now Im doing personal genocide on the cloned ones, kill'em all with my fingers daily, but they keep coming and coming. I'm adding some pictures and a crappy video. Bugs are really small, and this is the best I can do with my equipment. Any help is highly appreciated, thanks friends. Sorry for the english, etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3771.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	356045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3768.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	356046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3767.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	356047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3765.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	356048
    https://youtu.be/bfyE3sIRHVo

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Wow looks like your having a bit of a nightmare there brother, the pics aint that clear but do they look anything like this ??

Name:	Whitefly-cassava_N-Palmer-CIAT-web.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	356050

I'm just grabbing at straws here mate but i'm sure the talk will have you sorted in no time, G'.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

HempBloke (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

QUOTE=fatha G';1070726169]Wow looks like your having a bit of a nightmare there brother, the pics aint that clear but do they look anything like this ??

Name:	Whitefly-cassava_N-Palmer-CIAT-web.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	356050

I'm just grabbing at straws here mate but i'm sure the talk will have you sorted in no time, G'.[/QUOTE]

Thought at first it may be whitefly mate but after reading again and you say they turn brown i thought maybe it could be thrips so take a look at these pics to see if they resemble the little mo fo's you have,

Name:	onion-thrips-400x266.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	356052 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thrips-2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	356053 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0660068.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	356054

5. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

HempBloke (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Simple and effective method is to get a 2% soap solution and drench the plants with it ( I say drench as this will also help run all the little eggs and flys off the plants, keep the light high while your doing this)

The 5l pressure sprayers are awesome for this and blast them through.
    Don't do this in flower.
    Now the soap has to be a pure soap with no perfumes or chemicals added, maybe try the chemist, people with eczema and psoriasis will use this kind of soap.
    It's eco friendly and inexpensive, most bugs will hate this, it's the fatty acids in the soap that they can't stand.

Grow your own medicine.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

G' (28-01-18), HempBloke (29-01-18), redisiel (28-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Fuck man I feel for you brother, I’m pretty sure there thrips,
    I’ve just battled these and aphids and you have a battle on your hands mate I’m not sure I’ve even got them eradicated yet and I didn’t even see any winged fuckers.

The fucker adults lay 2-10 eggs a day and mature in errrrrr? Shit I’ll need to check the link.

I grow organically so only use organic pest solutions so I’ve been spraying with homemade 2% insecticidal soap and or neem oil I’ve also used 50/50 isopropyl alcohol as a knock down and I’m spraying every 3 days without fail.
    I would get sticky traps up close to the plants and then shake the plants a lot should head for the pads you also need to FULLY cover the leafs top and bottom when you spray.

Or captbeefheart here uses some spray that might work first time(deffo not without coverage) but it’s chemicals.
    Check the life cycles nd get s plan together mate
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

G' (28-01-18), HempBloke (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Crack View Post
    Simple and effective method is to get a 2% soap solution and drench the plants with it ( I say drench as this will also help run all the little eggs and flys off the plants, keep the light high while your doing this)

The 5l pressure sprayers are awesome for this and blast them through.
    Don't do this in flower.
    Now the soap has to be a pure soap with no perfumes or chemicals added, maybe try the chemist, people with eczema and psoriasis will use this kind of soap.
    It's eco friendly and inexpensive, most bugs will hate this, it's the fatty acids in the soap that they can't stand.

Grow your own medicine.
    I wish it was that easy brother, trust me it’s not lol
    Blessings
    Redz

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

G' (28-01-18), HempBloke (29-01-18), Hippy Crack (30-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks!!! fatha G', they dont look like the flies you posted, they kinda look like thrips. Will read on them now. redsiel, Hippy Crack thanks for the suggestions, I will try the soap thing, couldn't hurt, right. Will post further progress here.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HempBloke For This Useful Post:

G' (30-01-18), Hippy Crack (30-01-18)

Thanks

It is some about looking like thrips.