Thread: Loft grow in the summer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Default Loft grow in the summer

I am about 3 weeks from finishing my current grow, which is in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent in the loft. I have struggled to keep my temps from swinging. I now have it more under control by having lights on 24/0 (I'm growing autos). But I'm concerned that it will be far to hot up there come the summer months. I'm in the U.K. I have a cool tube light, a 4" Intake, 5" extractor. I am also going the invest in an eco technics controller. Also I was going to have lights on either 20/4 or 18/6 and have lights off during the hottest part of the day. Has anyone else done a loft grow in the summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Many ways to do it I reckon, makes sure yur ventin the hot air from tent outside or ifin ya got richness goes and buys a portable air condition unit and use it to keep temps wheres ya need it. Hope yual fills yur need pilgrim

BWD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)

Thanks

I got both intake and extraction to the outside rather than inside the loft.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

I don't think there is anything I could do to g flower plants in my loft in the summer it's to hot up there even without lights 😠

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    I don't think there is anything I could do to g flower plants in my loft in the summer it's to hot up there even without lights 😠

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking. I don't want to start a grow in say march and it be ok then get to flower in April and ruin it. The grow be going into May/june and it will be to hot. I want to see if anyone has done a successful summer grow in a loft and how they done it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)

farmshop Guest

I grow in the summer in the loft. The only time I hit high temps is in veg but it's hard to get around it. My lights get set to come on at 6pm and off at 12pm. In flower it's 7pm on 7am off. Never used a cooltube just a standard barn reflector. I run a 400w mh in veg and 600w hps in flower. I've got my intake connected to the chimney pulling cold air in and the extraction blowing towards the eves.
    I've never had a problem with temps hitting 30s not ideal as the coco dries out pretty quick but apart from that it's ok.
    If I can avoid July August time I will do just depends on how things land 🖒

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-18)