Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Using coco coir for the 1st time

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nofeat0310 View Post
    Ok cheers for that, is it something I could cut/saw up before adding water, only asking as 1 block will hold 40 litres, I have 12litre pots, so 1 block will do 3 pots will some left over, with the other 2 pots I didn’t want to use the whole block if I’m not going to need it, so thinking can I break up before watering, as not to waste any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure about chopping. I sometimes use ugro blocks. Thrle 70l ones. You can put water in whatever container you can fit your block in. Dip in the block in but not all the way and break away what you want to use with your hands. Its messy but doible.

Also you could get yourself a plasters bucket or storage box. And do the lot in that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18), M_C (31-01-18), Nofeat0310 (01-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Not sure about chopping. I sometimes use ugro blocks. Thrle 70l ones. You can put water in whatever container you can fit your block in. Dip in the block in but not all the way and break away what you want to use with your hands. Its messy but doible.

Also you could get yourself a plasters bucket or storage box. And do the lot in that.

Ok bud cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nofeat0310 For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18)

Thanks

Sounds good will be watching

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jake777460 For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18), Nofeat0310 (01-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    That is a 50L bag, it's ready to go straight from the bag & it costs me about £11 from my local hydro shop
    £11 that’s not bad for 50L ok cheers will look into that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nofeat0310 For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

£11 that’s not bad for 50L ok cheers will look into that

Onestopgrow now delivers heavy items without extra charge.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (04-02-18), ilikebigbuds (07-02-18), Nofeat0310 (01-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Like MC just buy bag of canna coco plus it contains Trichoderma, better than the cheap stuff above.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18), ladymaryjane (07-03-18), Nofeat0310 (01-02-18), Valentina (23-03-18)

Thanks

Hello guys just a quick update on me block of coco coir
    Well that wasn’t an easy job I can tell u, I cleaned out a couple of me recycling boxes and put the block in(tried to saw it in half but think saw was blunt lol)
    So first of all I put 6l water in and not much happened so added another 6litres of water with a ph of between 5.5-6.2 I could then start to break some of it up, and in the Center still dry as hell, takes ages to proper penetrate the middle, so I added another 6”litres of ph water, I then got me hands stick in and tried moving it all about as to get the water evenly distributed between the coco,

So that’s 18litres water I’ve added and still quiet a few lumps about with dry bits in the middle, so again add another 6litres of water and really get stuck in and move all about, I then left for about 15 mind and then tipped into another recycling box as to get the wet soggy stuff on the bottom to now sit on the top and seep through the rest.

At this point I thought I’ll read the instructions, duh me it only says to add 12litres of water and leave 15mins, so I’ve not give double but to be honest it’s not all that bad, I’m now going to leave for a bit for the water to sleep through the whole lot, and then I have a 10litre bag of perlite that I will add in to the coco coir and the. Distribute between my 3 12litre pots

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nofeat0310 For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (07-02-18)

Thanks

Hello guys just a quick update on me block of coco coir
    Well that wasn’t an easy job I can tell u, I cleaned out a couple of me recycling boxes and put the block in(tried to saw it in half but think saw was blunt lol)
    So first of all I put 6l water in and not much happened so added another 6litres of water with a ph of between 5.5-6.2 I could then start to break some of it up, and in the Center still dry as hell, takes ages to proper penetrate the middle, so I added another 6”litres of ph water, I then got me hands stick in and tried moving it all about as to get the water evenly distributed between the coco,

So that’s 18litres water I’ve added and still quiet a few lumps about with dry bits in the middle, so again add another 6litres of water and really get stuck in and move all about, I then left for about 15 mind and then tipped into another recycling box as to get the wet soggy stuff on the bottom to now sit on the top and seep through the rest.

At this point I thought I’ll read the instructions, duh me it only says to add 12litres of water and leave 15mins, so I’ve not give double but to be honest it’s not all that bad, I’m now going to leave for a bit for the water to sleep through the whole lot, and then I have a 10litre bag of perlite that I will add in to the coco coir and the. Distribute between my 3 12litre pots

hi mate. i recommend a ph of 5.8 all the way through veg and i usually raise it to 6 in flower. people say to give it the full range from 5.5 up through to 6.2 but i don't run in to any issues running it 5.8 in veg and 6 in flower. i have low background EC of 0.1 approx 20ppm. anyway just a wee bit advice regarding what works for me mate. also with regards to EC levels of feed i find that less is more. increase feed as it asks for more. the plant will show this by the top leaves/newest growth becoming lighter in colour, a raise of EC 0.1 until they are a light to medium green again. too dark a green can be a sign of over feeding mate hope this has some use to someone. any other questions fire them away, more than happy to help
    Last edited by ilikebigbuds; 07-02-18 at 04:56 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilikebigbuds For This Useful Post:

Nofeat0310 (08-02-18), Valentina (23-03-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2