Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something seems off with my ec

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times
    Provided Answers: 37

Default Answered: Something seems off with my ec

So I finally got around to getting my ec meter calibrated.... and the numbers I got back from testin things seems off....

The set up:

9 plants 5 different strains.
    Coco coir
    PH 5.8-6.2
    5 gallon grow bags
    1000w mh
    run off at 10-20%
    feeding daily
    5 mL per liter of H20

The big plants are at roughly 30 days of veg.... 2 small ones about 2 weeks veg.... and seedlings just getting into veg.

I tested my background ec @.8

I have been feeding them at 2.5mL canna a and b per liter.

Since I haven’t been taking ec I don’t know where to start them at as far as ec.

I just mixed up a batch, it was about 1/2 of what my feed was..... came out to an ec of 1.3

Tested the run off at 3.3!!!! That doesn’t seem right at all!

Granted I didn’t rinse the coco when I got it, and they were just up potted from 1 gallon pots to the 5 gallons.

With my run off coming out that high, I am pretty sure I am due for a full flush.... with that background what run off ec would I want?

Here are some pics.

The run off color.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	356240

Problem child (I think she has been over fed. She’s been getting only water for the last few feedings, without much change. She’s a clone... really weak branches, wrinkly droopy leafs.

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	356241

And the rest.... all look pretty happy tho besides the one above.

Name:	IMG_0078.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	356242

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	356243

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	356244

Let me know what you guys think. I am pretty sure I have to start flushing to get that run off EC lower in these guys.

Let me know what u guys think or what’s happening here.

Should I take a run off sample of each individual plant??? The big haze looks super happy, and its more the clones showing issues.

Note to self.... quit being lazy and start monitoring ec from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Skunky n funky; 02-02-18 at 12:04 AM.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

2. "Your coco may be the issue here? You mention no brand.... I saw a question in here yesterday about coco with slow release nutes added.

But, I would say flush & maybe flush again....."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

ggotch (03-02-18), Trex (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Your coco may be the issue here? You mention no brand.... I saw a question in here yesterday about coco with slow release nutes added.

But, I would say flush & maybe flush again.....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Yeah like MC said flush that crap out ,sure will do it good .

Get that e.c meter calibrated too ,once weekly Skunky ,they tend to drift when used alot .

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is no way to calibrate my meter

That said, as long as the numbers it tells me are in decimal, I'm quite happy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Trex (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times
    Provided Answers: 37

Its the blue lab combo meter...... it doesnt let you calibrate it so i guess that was wrong terminology..... its just more dip it in a solution and verify the accuracy. i never had the need to measure ec as I was able to grow out with coco just fine just by going off the look of plants and the mL/L that I was adding.... The coco is canna coco, the brick type. It has served me just fine in the past. I havent messed with the run off before either, should my run off be the same as what I am feeding it? More then double of what I am feeding seems WAAAY to high...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

M_C (02-02-18), Trex (02-02-18)

Thanks

IMHO, run off can be separated out to 3 distinct parts (& this is for the nerds!)

Start
    Mid
    Finish

But my way of measuring is to wait until the saucer I keep my plant in is full & EC measure that... it works out about 1.5L

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (02-02-18), Trex (09-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Did you flush the bricks after hydrating ? When i flushed my bricks i had an e.c of 2.5

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    Its the blue lab combo meter...... it doesnt let you calibrate it so i guess that was wrong terminology..... its just more dip it in a solution and verify the accuracy. i never had the need to measure ec as I was able to grow out with coco just fine just by going off the look of plants and the mL/L that I was adding.... The coco is canna coco, the brick type. It has served me just fine in the past. I havent messed with the run off before either, should my run off be the same as what I am feeding it? More then double of what I am feeding seems WAAAY to high...
    run off should be slightly lower than whats going in but if it the same same you found there sweet feeding spot

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (02-02-18), Trex (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

In my experience coco seems to load up on nutes.
    I'm running 3-4l through mine in 10l pots, run off coming out about 1.9.
    Plants are fine, no lockout and feeding everyday.
    Feeding 1.0ec and ph 5.8

I check regular, ive flushed it before with tons of water but soon enough it creeps back up.

I know they say it should be lower or equal but things are working fine.

If it started raising rapidly I would try a really good flush.

Not ideal but I just put mine under the sink and run the tap water through them for 5-10mins.

Grow your own medicine.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (02-02-18), Skunky n funky (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    run off should be slightly lower than whats going in but if its the same then you have found their sweet feeding spot

this is why less is more for me, so i only sometimes give them mid flower flush to freshin things up down below

am not a fan of plants going super dark even more so in flower,as theres just no need for the excess nitro. , i think the high EC coming out is also down to, to many litres going through every day with high amount of nutes in it.
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 02-02-18 at 11:23 AM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (02-02-18), Skunky n funky (02-02-18), Trex (02-02-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast