Thread: 250w hps

Thanks

Default 250w hps

Hi everybody I just bought a 250w hps light, reflector etc was just wondering if anybody uses them and what yield is like? I was going to go 300w CFL but thought when I seen this and some other stuff was only used for one flowering period I grabbed it. I need something small for my grow so this is perfect without too much heat build up lol.

Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

I have a 250w HPS in a cool tube... it works nicely
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-02-18), KieranH (03-02-18), MRJIMMY2017 (18-02-18), THC Prince (01-11-18)

Thanks

Cheers Mc, I seen a post the other day about somebody with a 300cfl and somebody said their 150w hps would beat that so thought I'm not going to waste my cash on something not as good, I'm doing a stealth grow in a chest of drawers lol one plant at a time, painted it white already so going to make a hinged door with seals around it to keep it as air tight as possible really (apart from in/out) I mean. Anyways I'm pretty stoned and realised I've just rambled on lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

ive just finished my first grow 2 plants under a hps mate tent size 80x80x160 cm

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

KieranH (03-02-18)

Thanks

A 250 jimmy?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KieranH For This Useful Post:

MRJIMMY2017 (18-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

They're a nice light mate.

On my second grow with one now. First was a good learning experience.

Also growing in a cupboard but its not stealth so doors open = less heat related issues.

What will you be growing ? Small soace may call for autos?

This was my first plant under the light one week before chop. HPS got them rock solid buds!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

KieranH (03-02-18)

Thanks

Nice one stirl! What you get out of that? Aye I'm thinking of doing auto white dwarf mate. Yeah mine isn't really total stealth either but will be in a cupboard as well so will be out of sight but my family know I smoke it's just in case of housing doing a yearly check etc so can openin up when needed no problem as it's in our bedroom.

What strain did you grow?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Quote Originally Posted by KieranH View Post
    Nice one stirl! What you get out of that? Aye I'm thinking of doing auto white dwarf mate. Yeah mine isn't really total stealth either but will be in a cupboard as well so will be out of sight but my family know I smoke it's just in case of housing doing a yearly check etc so can openin up when needed no problem as it's in our bedroom.

What strain did you grow?
    As long as you're not putting others at risk by growing then i wish you the best.

That plant pulled 2 oz. It was grown with a White Widow auto which yeilded 2.5oz even after a caterpillar had it's way with it In veg. Hoping for more this time

If you're gonna do autos I'd recommend Mephisto or seedman as a breeder.

The plant in that photo is called Mephisto Sour Hound ( was a very unique plant and lovely smell ). Dont think they have many left though. They do a few limited edition seeds. It's cross of Chemdogging and something else I've forgotten! Highly recommended.

Vety fast flowering auto as well - ended up with a very short plant.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

KieranH (04-02-18)