Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Problems with seedlings need help please

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Governale View Post
    are they clones or from seed? my opinion...you need to root them inside a plastic dome tray and keep the humidity high. I think that 600w HPS might be too much heat/light for them at this point and drying them out, I use florescent agro light tubes on top of the dome tray until they establish roots and start poking out of the cubes. then drop them into pots and keep the HPS light high until you see new growth, then lower the light.

good luck man
    Take a closer look mate, its not a clone and he has his cubes sat in water , dont rekon they gunna be dry eh. Agree on the light though way over kill imo.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 04-02-18 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Take a closer look mate, its not a clone and he has his cubes sat in water , dont rekon they gunna be dry eh. Agree on the light though way over kill imo.
    he stated that the cubes are suspended in the net pots one inch above the waterline in the pails they are in. the cubes are only getting moisture when he waters them. the cubes won't wick sitting above the waterline. clone or seedling, they won't grow if they are drying out. just my opinion

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

nauticalgrower (04-02-18)

Thanks

Nah they are seedlings and the roots havent come past the rookwool cubes yet, i have been overwatering them by the sounds of it so the roots arent searching.

Thanks

I'm not sure I agree with the thought that over watering will stop your roots from searching. I put my cubes in suspended net pots much like yours and stick 2 watering lines right into the rockwool from the day they go in the system, they flow nutrient water 24/7 and I always get an abundance of root growth. the only difference is that I start from clones nowadays instead of seed, I used to grow from seed and used much the same method without issue.

Last edited by Sal_Governale; 04-02-18 at 06:13 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (04-02-18), Ginger-bud (04-02-18), Trex (05-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Your issue is that you don't have an EC meter 👍

Grow your own medicine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Trex (05-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I'm not sure I agree with the thought that over watering will stop your roots from searching. I put my cubes in suspended net pots much like yours and stick 2 watering lines right into the rockwool from the day they go in the system, they flow nutrient water 24/7 and I always get an abundance of root growth. the only difference is that I start from clones nowadays instead of seed, I used to grow from seed and used much the same method without issue.

Do you run yours as it is in the pics or do the other holes get covered and the res tub has a lid on it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    Do you run yours as it is in the pics or do the other holes get covered and the res tub has a lid on it?
    I leave the covers off the holes so I can keep an eye on root growth, once roots start to show through the pots the holes are covered. roots don't like the light.

the lid is off the res just to show the inside pump and aerator, otherwise it's always on. a small oscillating pedestal fan sits on the res lid for air movement.

I used to run plants in all the holes but they were just too crowded, get the same yield with just 4.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (04-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I leave the covers off the holes so I can keep an eye on root growth, once roots start to show through the pots the holes are covered. roots don't like the light.

the lid is off the res just to show the inside pump and aerator, otherwise it's always on. a small oscillating pedestal fan sits on the res lid for air movement.

I used to run plants in all the holes but they were just too crowded, get the same yield with just 4.
    That's good then. I thought I'd just ask to make sure 👍🏾

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Sal_Governale (04-02-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3