Thread: First time grower. New here.

Thanks

Wink First time grower. New here.

Yo. Me and my pal have decided to start a grow together, so I've made an account on this forum so that i can get some help from the community. Our grow space is 2m(h) x 1.2m(l) x 0.6(d). We're mainly concerned about speed, yield and quality. So we decided that an indica would be a good choice - I'm thinking of gorilla glue or stardog. Im using soil, 2 x 600w HPS lamps and a 6" exhaust. I try not to be too big headed but I am quite a smart person (with theory and practice), so I have high expectations for this first ever grow. I would be grateful if anyone could help answer these few questions for me, with the limited information that i gave:

What are the best advanced growing techniques for indoor indica grows such as this, for yield?

How many plants would be best in this size space?

Is it realistic to have a 10 week time until harvest, with 40+ ounces at the end of it?

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDuck View Post
    Yo. Me and my pal have decided to start a grow together, so I've made an account on this forum so that i can get some help from the community. Our grow space is 2m(h) x 1.2m(l) x 0.6(d). We're mainly concerned about speed, yield and quality. So we decided that an indica would be a good choice - I'm thinking of gorilla glue or stardog. Im using soil, 2 x 600w HPS lamps and a 6" exhaust. I try not to be too big headed but I am quite a smart person (with theory and practice), so I have high expectations for this first ever grow. I would be grateful if anyone could help answer these few questions for me, with the limited information that i gave:

What are the best advanced growing techniques for indoor indica grows such as this, for yield?

How many plants would be best in this size space?

Is it realistic to have a 10 week time until harvest, with 40+ ounces at the end of it?

Thanks!!
    Welcome to the forum dude.

With it being your first ever grow I wouldn't look the advance growing techniques until you know how to grow.

With that size space you're limiting yourself on area to train the plants into, for example I have a 2x2x2m groom but only use 1.5x1.5m to actually grow in and I use a technique called scrogging. Basically the plants are grown under a screen and trained to grow outwards to fill the screen.

A 10 week turn around won't be achievable with photoperiod plants, you'll want 2 weeks at seed/seedling stage, 4-6 weeks veg and then up to 12 weeks flowering depending on strain. You could grow autos but this is something I have no knowledge on so don't know what the turn around time is. 40oz from 1200w of lights is almost 1g/per W which isn't unachievable but if you do it first time around I'll give you all my grow equipment and my 2 cats haha.

ATB dirty_badger

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

G' (04-02-18), Stirl_420_SA (04-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Welcome to the talk fella, i am no expert mate but imho your only gonna get a couple of girls in that size of tent more so if you intend to do some LST or scrogging to get higher yields no doubt some of the more experienced growers will be along soon and maybe give you some advice as to best strains for high yields but i wish you all the best mate good luck with your grow brother, G'.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

p.s I've got 5 in my 2x2x2m groom I'd say 3/4 max for you dude

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Welcome man.

In that space and it being your first grow, i think you're being a little ambitious... Even for a smart man.

I would say max 3 plants lined up in a row as you would struggle to fit them side by side with 0.6m width.

No photoperiod plant will have a seedling phase, veg phase and flower all wrapped up into 10 weeks and yeild what you're expecting... Only autos could achieve that turn around time if you're lucky.

However 13-14 oz per plant won't be possible with the combination of autos and this space.

To use all the space I'd recommend a scrog as mentioned above. This will however significantly increase seed to weed time.
    Not under 14 and up to 20 weeks per photo plant depending on veg time.

Wishing you all the best

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk