Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice before purchasing smscom fan controller :)

Thanks

Default Looking for advice before purchasing smscom fan controller :)

Hi guys looking for a little advice before I click purchase on my fan controller..

Been looking at buying an smscom 6.5a single fan controller, I heard from the guy in my local grow shop that I can take a double extension and actually plug both my fans into it (8inch extract + 4inch intake) does anyone have any experience with this? It can easily handle the total amps of both the fans and negative pressure shouldn’t be much of a problem as my fans are pretty well suited to each other in that sense. (184m/hr intake + 796m/hr extract)

I really need to purchase something to regulate my fans before I get to flower (3 weeks or so) so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks again

here is a link to the control unit:
    Last edited by Bud Lightyear; 04-02-18 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Remove Link

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Post a pic of the controller you're on a out dude. I've got the SMSCom Hybrid Pro 4A it works a treat but it has the 2 outputs. 1 for the intake fan and the other for the extract.

What the guy is saying is true as you won't over load it with just 2 fans plugged in, don't know how well it will work though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Smokerontheroof (05-02-18)

Thanks

Yeah it’s the most cost effective one I can find for now until I move to my permanent grow room and set something better up.. just don’t wanna waste the money if it won’t work lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokerontheroof View Post
    Yeah it’s the most cost effective one I can find for now until I move to my permanent grow room and set something better up.. just don’t wanna waste the money if it won’t work lol
    Upload a photo of the one your on about dude.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply guys, I changed my mind went a bit deeper into my pocket and went for the ecotechnics control unit, I’m running it with an 8 inch extract at about 800m2 and a 4inch intake at about 200m2, also planning a 3 foot tube heater for lights off, anyone any experience with these units as any tips? Thanks guys x

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Ecotechnics are good kit but not transformer bases like the SMS hybrid so could be a bit noisier.

Are you running a passive intake alongside the 4 inch? That exhaust is too much other wise

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Ideally you should have gone 8 and 6 as opposed to 8 and 4 I'm. Not too sure how them controlled a work so they may be able to regulate it so the intake runs at say 60% and the extract runs at 25% that way you won't have too much negative pressure inside the groom.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Ecotechnics are good kit but not transformer bases like the SMS hybrid so could be a bit noisier.

Are you running a passive intake alongside the 4 inch? That exhaust is too much other wise
    I made that mistake first time around, can't even remember which one it was I bought but you could hear the noise of the controller downstairs in the house. Was a horrid noise haha

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply’s guys, yeah I read that after purchase about the noise hopefully it isn’t too bad for me! No I don’t have this set up yet but have al the fans there, I can run a passive intake alongside it if need be but I was hoping it would regulate the fans accurately to create the correct negative pressure like badger mentioned..? Again if anyone has any experience runnin these size fans with this controller I’d greatky appreciate any input thanks again guys!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokerontheroof View Post
    Thanks for the reply’s guys, yeah I read that after purchase about the noise hopefully it isn’t too bad for me! No I don’t have this set up yet but have al the fans there, I can run a passive intake alongside it if need be but I was hoping it would regulate the fans accurately to create the correct negative pressure like badger mentioned..? Again if anyone has any experience runnin these size fans with this controller I’d greatky appreciate any input thanks again guys!
    You will need to do something as 184 is the most air you can get in. Can ever pull 796 out! The tent or room walls will implode. You will certainly have negative pressure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast