Thread: How would YOU use this space?

Thanks

Default How would YOU use this space?

Hi all, new here so please be nice 😋

So I’ve got this small steel locker that I plan to convert to a stealth grow, it measures: (W) 40cm (D) 30cm (H) 160cm

So far I’ve lined the inside with foil insulation and foil taped all the seams to completely seal it up.

Next I plan to line it with some Mylar sheet, then sort intake and exhaust.

I was thinking a small computer fan for intake at bottom of locker and the smallest fan & carbon filter (4 inch?) I can find for up top extraction.

Lighting wise I am thinking some T5 strips & LED due to the confined space in the locker.

Any recommendations for proven LEDs for sensible money?

There is a adjustable shelf in this locker which can be removed completely or kept for starting seedlings for the next batch - my question is how would you use this space?

Would you grow one plant at a time or try perpetual with this space?

Are autoflowers my only/best option in this size space?

Could I get away with more than 1 auto in this size space?

Any help/ advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Would have trainers and flip flops on the top shelf, work boots on the bottom then maybe just hang up me Hawaiian shirts in middle

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

AND (04-03-18), GasMan (08-12-18), ggotch (05-02-18), M_C (05-02-18), Root. (15-05-18), WhIpLaSh (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Would have trainers and flip flops on the top shelf, work boots on the bottom then maybe just hang up me Hawaiian shirts in middle
    Maaaaaaate! Someone had to I guess 😂😂

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Misfit0988 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (05-02-18)

Thanks

i'd get a new grow space due to the odd shape of this is not ideal. you could pick up a cheap wardrobe or cabinet that would be more suited to a grow. thats just my opinion i grow in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m tent lol. seriously look into getting a wardrobe or a chest of drawers with the drawers taken out and false front drawers on the front. could make something that looks awesome and would be way more functional than that tall skinny cabinet mate. have a think mate and a check in grow room design theres some awesome stealth grow cabinets on here mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilikebigbuds View Post
    i'd get a new grow space due to the odd shape of this is not ideal. you could pick up a cheap wardrobe or cabinet that would be more suited to a grow. thats just my opinion i grow in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m tent lol. seriously look into getting a wardrobe or a chest of drawers with the drawers taken out and false front drawers on the front. could make something that looks awesome and would be way more functional than that tall skinny cabinet mate. have a think mate and a check in grow room design theres some awesome stealth grow cabinets on here mate
    Thanks for your opinion mate. The problem I have got is space and neighbours, the idea of this was to keep it small as possible without looking out of place.

I planed to set this up in my shed/garage in my garden. I can’t do it in the house with family popping round and my neighbours already moan about the smell of me smoking it - let alone growing it.

Having already invested in this cabinet now I’m going to do what I can with it.

I see people growing in pc cases so surely something can be done with this?

Cheers

Thanks

I would have two flowering shelves and one slightly less tall section for veg and mother plants etc.

6 x 10w led warm white bulbs in each flowering section and 4 x 10w daylight led bulbs in the veg section.

I would go perpetual. You can keep small mother plants in small containers and easily produce enough clones to keep both shelves full.

2 strains, 1 mother plant each. Whenever a mother plant starts to outgrow its container, just give it a trim and keep the cuttings in the veg room until theres a space in the flowering section.

But even without going perpetual, you could easily yield 2oz per shelf with cheap led bulbs from home bargains or walmart.
    Last edited by mouts; 15-05-18 at 11:59 PM.