Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I top my autos or just let them grow naturally?

Thanks

Default Should I top my autos or just let them grow naturally?

Hey guys just a quick one here, just received my 6 autos I plan to grow along side my regular grow, just wondered what’s the deal with topping them? Never done them before, it says there finished by week 9, does that give me enough time to top and regenerate? If so should I Scrog them or leave them to grow natural? Any pointers from anyone who’s grown these before really appreciated, thanks guys! (3 Pineapple Express, 3 Girl Scout cookies)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate,

As you've never grown then before, and you want to grow them along side your regular grow, do you have another tent? I ask because autos will need as much light as possible, whereas your photos will need to go 12/12 at some point - if not, already.

You can top them, but it needs to be done at the 3rd node. As you've never grown them before, I'd just LST them and learn from them.

Don't believe the hype the sellers give you. They take at least 2 weeks more than what's stated.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Herbitual (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply mate, no they will run alongside my photoperiod that are in veg for 7 weeks so should be out about 2 weeks into flower or More like 4 from what you tell me but either way they will be well into flower period before I flip lights over, I was thinking maybe top once early then lst the two main stems? Just not sure if I’d be better leaving them to do there thing alone as i have no experience whatsoever with them, thanks again mate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smokerontheroof View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate, no they will run alongside my photoperiod that are in veg for 7 weeks so should be out about 2 weeks into flower or More like 4 from what you tell me but either way they will be well into flower period before I flip lights over, I was thinking maybe top once early then lst the two main stems? Just not sure if I’d be better leaving them to do there thing alone as i have no experience whatsoever with them, thanks again mate
    No probs, mate. I've grown loads of autos, but never topped them. I am too timorous to do so. I know MC tops his and gets good results.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

autobox (06-02-18), gardro (06-02-18), M_C (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

If you do top, you run the chance of stressing them out and lowering your crop. Since they grow on a timeline, and not a photo period, this lost time during recovery and regrowth can hinder. However, if you top correctly, at the right time and place then you can greatly increase your yield. As stated above, since it is your first grow, I would let them grow out without topping. Learn the structure of the plants what they want and how to feed them, once you learn how to grow your dope, then you work on maximizing your yield.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

autobox (06-02-18), fishbuds (06-02-18), Pablo (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokerontheroof View Post
    I'd never recommend anyone topping their first auto grow....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

autobox (06-02-18), fishbuds (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (06-02-18)

Thanks

Hanks for reply’s guys, yes I will let them run there course naturally and see what happens
    Then work with it, thanks guys and happy Tuesday

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

autobox (06-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Bend the top down to let lower growth catch up , ive been doing this more and more , same results as topping , but with autos gives you the benefit of a better vegging period due to not stressing her out = bigger plants and potentially bigger yeilds , just my .2cents

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

autobox (06-02-18), NKBongs (07-02-18), Pablo (06-02-18), Smokerontheroof (08-02-18)

Thanks

Hi I have a great little article I made about mainlining the plant if you are interested in seeing it message me as I have to post 10 things before I can post links...

This requires topping but includes mainlining to increase cola production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutoHorizons For This Useful Post:

Smokerontheroof (08-02-18), Trex (06-02-18)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AutoHorizons View Post
    Hi I have a great little article I made about mainlining the plant if you are interested in seeing it message me as I have to post 10 things before I can post links...

This requires topping but includes mainlining to increase cola production
    If the link is to another cannabis site, then it won't be allowed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (06-02-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast