Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Curing in mason jars

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Jimmy, sorry to be a pain in the arse but can i ask if you had another tent running in the room? Also dried in a tent but did you have a window in the bedroom even slightly open? Not looking at reasons to blame you just more being a selfish bastard and asking for myself to tick some stuff off my list.

My lemon haze has turned to complete shit and if my main grow turns out like this then i am done with growing lol. quite confident it won't though as I'm gonna be proper on top of everything, this lemon haze i didnt give a shit for at all, from seed till it was dried. Got the better smelling plant although even thats shit in the jar with a boveda just to see if that'll make any sort of difference too it. I am gonna do a drying diary and include videos as well so others can jump in and give advice or/and hopefully it goes well so others can use it as a guide. I know is plenty online already but not seen anything with a grower checking day to day how things are. For me I'm not gonna run a second tent in the room, going to use the sms controller to have the outtake only running and as low as it possibly can go. If the temp is bang on then i will even turn the fan off to be honest, as far as humidity goes I'm going to keep it slightly higher than what most people say too just because I've never once had a mold issue so not over worried about that. If the humidity drops too low ill be adding some wet towels into the grow room. I am determined to get it right.
    I dried in tent for 6 days at 15 to 16c until outer edges of the bud was dry then burped twice a day when in jars for 30mins a time, I dried in the dark with inline fan on and carbon running and a small clip on fan at the very bottom of the tent pointing at the floor I feel as maybe the dry was a few days to quick and 12/12 grow didn't help the potency of the buds and miracle grow may well of hinder the taste

if I smell the jar upon opening it they smell lovely and sweet but taste and high just isn't there

on the plus side my new plants looks a lot better just hoping I can get these next ones to smell like the stuff I get off the street lol

but for me I don't think I will ever grow white skunk again

live and learn

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

18-21c, 50-55% rh
    5-7 days best to jar up a bit early than abit late if they sit higher than 68 I take out and dry abit more burp em down to 60-64% jobs a gooden that's what works for me anyway 😉

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

MRJIMMY2017 (25-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

Got to be Somthing to do with the seeds I used and the 12/12 from seed , it burns smooth and correct and nice white ash but the smell and taste when smoking it just isn't there it's very bland in taste same with high

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Yeah could just be the strain mate. Friend of mine now says he won't ever bother with seeds and only runs cuts. That's all well n good but for me its part of the fun. Told him he just needs to be more selective on the breeders he goes for.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

MRJIMMY2017 (26-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Mine has already started to improve. Smoked a spliff with my sister for her to say "yeah this stuffs a lot better". Daft twat its the same stuff lol. Would have been even better if I'd properly been on top of it but will do with what's coming down in a few weeks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5