Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RDWC questions

Thanks

Ok cheers mate, yeah I would put it outside anyway Keep things all neat and tidy.

One last question for now.

I’m thinking of starting them in the cubes like you suggested. But instead of going straight into the system I was going to put them into something like this first to veg in another room so they are already of a nice size when they go in saving me veg time.

https://www.futuregarden.co.uk/amazon-aeroponic-system

I will basically have to customise one or make one from scratch for the amount I want.

My question is once they’ve rooted a fair bit in a smaller net pot and I’m transferring them to
    My bigger pots in my system do I try to tease the roots out and remove them from the smaller pot or is it ok to just put the smaller pots straight into my final net pots?

Thanks

Something along them lines anyway.

The

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

well, to be honest , I wouldn't bother with an aero system, , for the small ones but if you are planning taking cuts later down the line, an Z stream aeroponic propagator works really really well, and is half the price..
    I usually start mine off like this, ;
    1. soak seeds for 24 hrs in a glass of mildly luke warm water.
    2. Stick them between some damp kitchen roll, inside a zip loc plastic bag, and place on the internet router or skybox.
    3. Once the tails come out of the shell, and before the tails get too big, so pretty much when they just have a little root horn
    4. stick them in a root it cube. Put root it cube inside a dark coloured party cup, with drainage holes, with the bottom part filled with perlite, root cube stuck on top.
    5. stick under cfl light till roots come out of bottom of the cube, and are about the same length as the cube itself.
    6.Get net pot for main RDWC system and place an inch of hydroton in the bottom of net pot.
    7. Place net pot in system, check EC and PH, switch on air pump/ stones, and fill water level till you can just see it bubbling thru the bottom layer of stones. Then place cube with dangly roots on this layer.
    8. Carefully back fill the net pot with hydroton till its covered the cube. this might need to be topped up as the plant grows.

Spark up a fat one cos your journey into hydro heaven has begun.

This is what I do anyway and it works. And you don't really want to be trying to take them from one net pot to another, the roots will most likely get damaged if you do. .
    When you starting the diary, and what strain are you gonna do?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (11-03-18)

Thanks

I’ve got an x stream already actually, just thought these were the same kinda thing. An just gotta cut Some holes for them. Not for clones just to start my seeds in tongive them a veg before they go into the system in a little makeshift veg room in the loft.

I’m not actually sure what I’m gonna grow yet, I was thinking gorilla glue as I keep hearing about it. Seems all the rage at the minute so wanna see if there’s anything to it. There’s so many to choose from, it’s a minefield out there. All I know is I wanna grow something I can’t buy over here, cheeses, sober haze, lemon and all the usual suspects etc. Any recommendations
    On your favourites?

Another question, regarding EC. I’ve been told plants in rdwc like to be ran a bit hotter, I’ll
    Do what I normally do anyway and underfed and bring
    It up until I think I’m in the sweet spot but out ofCuriosity is this true?

I’m still undecided on nutrients too, since you mentioned ionic I’ve been thinking about it but I’ve been recommended advanced by a few few more people. Lol I’m probably gonna end up bottlin it and staying with Dutch pro hahah

What’s nutes and additives do you use mate?

Regards

5. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (26-02-18)

Thanks

for strains, theres no pointi n me advising, because you will have different tastes to me. ........but.........
    personally I always do super lemon haze, and critical or something with critical in it, altho next run I will be hopefully doing dinafem prple moby, HSO blue dream and seedisms killawatt.
    from what ive read, a lot of the gorilla glue from seed form is unstable and prone to hermie, id avoid it personally

As for nutrients I use growth technology ph down and silicone, ionic grow bloom, cal mag and pk, and that is it.
    I don't run bennies or bloom boosters, its not needed imo.

remember and punt up a diary mate.
    good luck
    as for ec, they generally use less nutrient in rdwc, because its super charged woth oxygen, I never really go above 1.3/1.4ec even in bloom

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (11-03-18)

Thanks

Got some more questions now I’m coming close to my build.

1. How often should I change res, is 2 weeks too long?
    2. Inbetween chang over is it necessary to clean system? I’ve seen someone mention you should bleach it inbetween each change?
    3. If so, how do I do that without effecting plants roots and covering them in bleach or a cleaning agent?
    4. When adjusting the EC how should I do it? So to bring it down I’m thinking I’ll Have water that’s been sat there, should I just add that or should I add anything else with it like the micro nutrients or anything at all?
    5. This is a buggy. Should I be using RO water? Thought behind it is having total control of what is in the nutrient?
    6. Is there anything I should add to the system to keep it clean?
    7. I’ve heard of hydroguard, what is this and is it required or anything similar?

Thanks I’m advance

9. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

tom222 (01-03-18)

Thanks

Anyone care to share?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (13-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post

1. How often should I change res, is 2 weeks too long you might get away with it in veg, but id change it every 7-10 days, to stay on the safe side.
    2. Inbetween chang over is it necessary to clean system? I’ve seen someone mention you should bleach it inbetween each change? nah not needed
    3. If so, how do I do that without effecting plants roots and covering them in bleach or a cleaning agent? Don't do it
    4. When adjusting the EC how should I do it? So to bring it down I’m thinking I’ll Have water that’s been sat there, should I just add that or should I add anything else with it like the micro nutrients or anything at all? make up your feed, till you get the ec you want, putting the silicone in first, then use PH down to correct it
    5. This is a buggy. Should I be using RO water? Thought behind it is having total control of what is in the nutrient? If you want but its not really needed, and you will have to add more cal mag to it if you go down the RO route. depends on what your water is like really, and how much you want to spend. me, I'm tight.
    6. Is there anything I should add to the system to keep it clean? shouldn't really be needed, depends if you are running beneficial bacteria or not.

Thanks I’m advance

now go and get that bloody shed built.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post

1. How often should I change res, is 2 weeks too long?
    2. Inbetween chang over is it necessary to clean system? I’ve seen someone mention you should bleach it inbetween each change?
    3. If so, how do I do that without effecting plants roots and covering them in bleach or a cleaning agent?
    4. When adjusting the EC how should I do it? So to bring it down I’m thinking I’ll Have water that’s been sat there, should I just add that or should I add anything else with it like the micro nutrients or anything at all?
    5. This is a buggy. Should I be using RO water? Thought behind it is having total control of what is in the nutrient?
    6. Is there anything I should add to the system to keep it clean?
    7. I’ve heard of hydroguard, what is this and is it required or anything similar?

Thanks I’m advance
    1. 10 days would be about the max I'd leave res changes dude, but ideally you wanna be doing them every 7.

2. No

3. See 2

4. To raise the EC you add nutes, to lower EC you add water.

5. No

6. A chiller

7. See 6

Hope this helps dude.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3