Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RDWC questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    145L does seem a bit overkill i agree. Should i match the control pot to the actual pot size? or is it irrelevant?............... Doeasnt matter

as in an inch or two or a cm? Do i keep it at the same level throughout the grow or should it be brought down as the roots grow?...................... keep it level with bottom of net pot, then once roots appear out of net pot, drop level about 10-30mm below net pot

OK well that makes thing much simpler in build terms so im happy thats the best way anyway.

Does it matter about net pot size, what size should i aim for? 10cm, 15cm 20cm, bigger? ........................200mm ones, the bigger they are the less chance of the plant toppling over, unless you are doing a scrog

been advised the big white stones are best for this system? .......................No idea, I just use hydroton, cleaned rinsed and set in ph water to 5.8 for a few days before u start

Yeah a lot of people have said that about the explode. like i said that was recommended to me for the first tie and ive never looked elsewhere so may give ionic a look. would it be ok swapping nutes widway through a grow as ive got enough dutch prop for at least a month. I suppose so

most probably but trying to find specific answers to my needs is proving difficult.

Brilliant, so maybe ill just stick with 6 then.

ive seen some poeple using a internal pond pump in the resevoir to push the water and ive seen some people use an external pump to pull the water through the spray bars. unsure about pump setups...... Push water through pump, from res, try and keep spray bars as straight as possible, to prevent losing pump pressure

Ill have a look now mate, again thanks for your help.

Answers above

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (17-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks again mate. Am I right in thinking just the water splashing from the aornstones and spray bars will be enough? Do you need to drop water in to begin with or anything? Struggling to comes to term with setup

Thanks

yes that's enough. the spray bars are above the water level in your boxes and the water drops from the bars, the higher the better

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

redisiel (17-02-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (17-02-18), Trex (16-02-18)

Thanks

So helpful. Thanks mate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

redisiel (17-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    So helpful. Thanks mate
    Good luck brother, it’s a pukka way of growing when it’s all going you’ll definitely enjoy it
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (19-02-18)

Thanks

Yeah I am looking forward to it. Probably a new bunch of problems I have to learn about dealing with I’m sure. The only thing I don’t like about it is being able to leave the system hardly any longer than a day Incas EC or ph changes

Thanks

ive left mine for days before with no problems.
    The ec and Ph will move, but not hugely
    If you have a decent res and tote capacity it shouldn't be a problem. You can also rig up an auto top up float valve, if you are away for a few days

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (11-03-18)

Thanks

I was planning on installing one of those anyway, assumed it was best to keep it at a constant consistent level? Or is that OTT? Just a valve lie you get in a toilet pretty much ain’t it?

Thanks

So I’ve gone and got pretty much everything I need as per your advice, 84l totes, hc500 chiller, 10000L water pump, 120l air pump, gonna invest in some norres air diffusers too as they will last much longer than air stones and can’t become a haven for bacteria etc. One thing I need which I can’t seem to find the size I need anywhere online is a pump for the 500 chiller. 1000, 2000, 3000? Anyone know

Need to get a filter for the air pump of some kind to help stop any airborne nastsies entering the system. The whole groom should be complete in 6 weeks so will post some pictures up once I’m done as I’m building it from new as a dedicated groom So should be nice and clean.

Thanks

maxijet 1000 for the chiller pump, that will do it.

No air filter required, but if you can, keep the air pump outside of the tent, and above the level of the nutrient in the totes, and don't use non return valves on the air lines.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (23-02-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast