Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More issues with lights

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    The ballast itself does not feel hot. Also issue I have is they may want me to send the ballast back but I can't as I'm using it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For future reference. I know its not ideal but if your only in veg they'll be sound left for a few days with no light. I think I've left them a week before, granted they looked a little yellow they bounced back fine

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Email or contact them as soon as possible. Is this also happening on every setting on the lamp ?

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Il be honest I haven't tried dropping it down. Il try that tonight. But still I want max output to getting better smoke and yield.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    For future reference. I know its not ideal but if your only in veg they'll be sound left for a few days with no light. I think I've left them a week before, granted they looked a little yellow they bounced back fine
    Cheers mate but I'm well into flower. If the lights drop out for to long the RH will go up to about 95%.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Il be honest I haven't tried dropping it down. Il try that tonight. But still I want max output to getting better smoke and yield.

Just wondering if it behaves the same. I’d definitely be contacting the shop where originally ordered from and the manufacturer 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Thanks

Just checked and I got 1yr warranty so they should give me a new 1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

does seem a strange occurance,dont know bay6 stuff but they look generic.

if my digi ballasts trip off they always take at 5- 10mins to fire back up again due to their builtin hotstrike defence/softstart .

i have had problems in the past with a weak house trip/breaker switch fuse thing always being borderline to tripping out,sometimes just the merest flicker on n off ,noticed mainly when broadand modem kept resetting on its own or a slight flicker of the house lights.

i just replaced the trip unit/fuse,was told by a sparky they get old and their rating falls drastically over time,mine was rated at 30amp yet was tripping/flickering off at roughly 25amp apparently,it was also tripping its switch when i put kettle on sometimes .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Cheers mate but I'm well into flower. If the lights drop out for to long the RH will go up to about 95%.

Ah I didnt realise you were growing autos dude, just seen you were on 24/0 so guessed you were still vegging

I dont like 24/0 personally. I think the roots need the dark period. Havent done autos personally but my experience vegging under 24 hours of light was not as good as 18/6. Plus it saves 6 hours of electricity. Which makes all the difference with 2kw or so.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (11-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    Ah I didnt realise you were growing autos dude, just seen you were on 24/0 so guessed you were still vegging

I dont like 24/0 personally. I think the roots need the dark period. Havent done autos personally but my experience vegging under 24 hours of light was not as good as 18/6. Plus it saves 6 hours of electricity. Which makes all the difference with 2kw or so.
    I did have on 18/6 and during the 6 hrs off I had a 1500kw oil heater on to keep temps stable but I was struggling so I just turned to 24/0 with no heater.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    does seem a strange occurance,dont know bay6 stuff but they look generic.

if my digi ballasts trip off they always take at 5- 10mins to fire back up again due to their builtin hotstrike defence/softstart .

i have had problems in the past with a weak house trip/breaker switch fuse thing always being borderline to tripping out,sometimes just the merest flicker on n off ,noticed mainly when broadand modem kept resetting on its own or a slight flicker of the house lights.

i just replaced the trip unit/fuse,was told by a sparky they get old and their rating falls drastically over time,mine was rated at 30amp yet was tripping/flickering off at roughly 25amp apparently,it was also tripping its switch when i put kettle on sometimes .
    Yeah def not a prob with the electrics in my house. I'm a sparky so I got that bit covered. I was posting mainly to see if anyone has had this issue before. My main electrics will trip under fault conditions. Overload being one of them. It's not my electrics tripping it's just the light turning on a off. If the electrics tripped I would have to manually reset them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

aha,fooked ballast then,,,unless the bulbs are of a particurly cheap nastiness and arent in spec for a digital ballast perhaps,have heard of such a thing when digital first came about but unsure if theyre more universal nowadays.

not much help am i

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (11-02-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast