Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best setup for 2.4 x 2.4

Thanks

Default Best setup for 2.4 x 2.4

Hi folks, as the title indicates I want to know what your running inside a 2.4 x 2.4 or something similar. I plan to purchase a double tent and grow 8 plants but need some ideas of what I need to buy to set this up well. I'm probably gonna use just an outtake unless I really need an intake. Any ideas and pics will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

All depends on your budget man.

For 8 plants in that size tent I'd recommend 2 x 600w HID.

Minimum of 100w (HID) per plant is a rule of thumb in my books

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

icy_fresh (13-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Other lads can suggest some carbon filters , fans etc ... List can get quite big

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

icy_fresh (13-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I'd suggest;

8" extract with rhinopro filter
    6" intake
    Fan controller (SMSCom Hybrid Pro)
    Adjustable digital ballasts
    Parabolic reflectors
    Lamps (MH and HPS)
    Humidifier
    Heater

Then you're gonna want to decide how you're going to grow. Soil, coco, hydro

ATB dirty_badger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

icy_fresh (13-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

i have run this size tent before.
    I used a 8 inch RVK L1 fan on a controller, and a 6 inch rvkL1 on constant, both with rhino pros.
    This was running 4 x 600s HPS , 2 on open reflectors, 2 in aircooled reflectors (these were cooled by a separate 6 inch A1 RVK. If I was to do it again .........

I would run a big fan, like a 12 incher, off a fan controller, and run 4 x 600s in air cooled hoods.cooled by a separate fan

Heat is a nightmare with these tents, unless its sited somewhere outside your house, like a cold garage etc. Its also a pain in the arse having to get to the back of the tent to water them or change bubblers etc

In fact I wouldn't bother with a big tent again, I would get 2 No. 2.4 by 1.2 tents instead, 6 inch L1 RVKs and rhino pro filters, and run 2 x 600s HPS in each tent.
    ive just ordered one (2.4 by 1.2) to see what like the quality of them is like, and will buy another if its ok, they are 80 quid off ebay delivered.
    cheaper than a 240 too, winner winner chicken dinner.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 12-02-18 at 05:37 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

icy_fresh (13-02-18), tom222 (12-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

oh yeah, 6 inch intake minimum

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

icy_fresh (13-02-18)

Thanks

Default Best setup for 2.4 x 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    i have run this size tent before.
    I used a 8 inch RVK L1 fan on a controller, and a 6 inch rvkL1 on constant, both with rhino pros.
    This was running 4 x 600s HPS , 2 on open reflectors, 2 in aircooled reflectors (these were cooled by a separate 6 inch A1 RVK. If I was to do it again .........

I would run a big fan, like a 12 incher, off a fan controller, and run 4 x 600s in air cooled hoods.cooled by a separate fan

Heat is a nightmare with these tents, unless its sited somewhere outside your house, like a cold garage etc. Its also a pain in the arse having to get to the back of the tent to water them or change bubblers etc

In fact I wouldn't bother with a big tent again, I would get 2 No. 2.4 by 1.2 tents instead, 6 inch L1 RVKs and rhino pro filters, and run 2 x 600s HPS in each tent.
    ive just ordered one (2.4 by 1.2) to see what like the quality of them is like, and will buy another if its ok, they are 80 quid off ebay delivered.
    cheaper than a 240 too, winner winner chicken dinner.
    I like your thinking. I'm gonna go ahead and run 2.4 x 1.2. Much more suitable for what I need 👍🏿

Let me know if possible how the tent is when it arrives. I'll order 1 too if everything's A o.k!

Last edited by icy_fresh; 13-02-18 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    I'd suggest;

8" extract with rhinopro filter
    6" intake
    Fan controller (SMSCom Hybrid Pro)
    Adjustable digital ballasts
    Parabolic reflectors
    Lamps (MH and HPS)
    Humidifier
    Heater

Then you're gonna want to decide how you're going to grow. Soil, coco, hydro

ATB dirty_badger
    This is pretty much what I'm gonna run. However it's going to be in a smaller 2.4 x 1.2. Would the fan controller still be needed or outtake as I wanna avoid the latter? Money's not an issue. Well it is but whatever needs to be purchased will eventually lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    All depends on your budget man.

For 8 plants in that size tent I'd recommend 2 x 600w HID.

Minimum of 100w (HID) per plant is a rule of thumb in my books

Yeah. 2 600w is what I'm planning on. Is that the best for this size or can I spend more and get better. Eg 1000w? Or is this overkill. I'm going for a 2.4 x 1.2 now

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I've always ran 1 but I guess it's not a necessity.

For the past 4 months I've had the fans turned right down as they don't need to be working at full pelt due to it being colder.

Where as if I didn't have it then I'd be struggling to maintain temps in the groom without having my heater on during lights on.

If you offset the cost of a controller against running 4120W of equipment for 24hrs a day it makes sense to buy the controller in my eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast