Thread: Best bulb for the stretch

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times
    Provided Answers: 37

Default Answered: Best bulb for the stretch

So I am currently growing out a 4 strain grow out 8 plants in total. 3 sativa dom, 4 indica, 1 hybred.

I read today that metal halide bulbs will actually make your plant stretch more then high pressure sodium.

Coming into flower this week, I know that my sativas are going to end up dominating this grow and height.

Any thoughts on the two bulbs and effects of the stretch?

Also would it be worth it to run a 400w mh over the indicas, during stretch, and a 600 hps over the sativas??? Otherwise my option is my 1000w that is currently running.

I have to find a way to control these bitches.... currently the canopy is flat but I know this is gunna change here in a week or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	356670

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	356671

Name:	IMG_0124.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	356672

Height is 18” floor to canopy. Light is 24” above canopy. Leaves me with 40” or so of flexibility so heigh is not a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

2. "i always run the MH bulb for 1st 2 weeks after flip to help with the stretch, but dont forget temps lights on an off will effect them, anything more than 5degree swing an they go runnin

also maybe givin the sativas plenty an pinching an mini super crops will help slow them down either way you will struggle to keep them level unless you just raise the indica pots to same height as sativa...

thinking about it you could.... also hit the sativa with bit pgr if you do separate feeds "

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

i always run the MH bulb for 1st 2 weeks after flip to help with the stretch, but dont forget temps lights on an off will effect them, anything more than 5degree swing an they go runnin

also maybe givin the sativas plenty an pinching an mini super crops will help slow them down either way you will struggle to keep them level unless you just raise the indica pots to same height as sativa...

thinking about it you could.... also hit the sativa with bit pgr if you do separate feeds

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

M_C (14-02-18), Skunky n funky (14-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i always run the MH bulb for 1st 2 weeks after flip to help with the stretch, but dont forget temps lights on an off will effect them, anything more than 5degree swing an they go runnin

thinking about it you could.... also hit the sativa with bit pgr if you do separate feeds
    Bit pgr? They are getting supercropped, pretty heavily too. Right now height is even but I know that’s gunna change.

Thanks

Just looked it up.... some crazy shit. I think not, I was to still be fertile after this grow!!!!! But probably would work... do u go with the mh for stretch control?

MrChedHead Guest

Led really helps with the stretch, iv noticed runnin mine along side hps there is a massive difference, if in doubt try an keep day an night temps tight 👍🏼

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Type M (18-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Led really helps with the stretch, iv noticed runnin mine along side hps there is a massive difference, if in doubt try an keep day an night temps tight 👍🏼

Ya but that means buying lights.... and then I become futuristic and I’m ol school hahah. To be honest I haven’t even monitored my temps. But I don’t see much over a 10 degree difference. I have a lot of air moving around and the room is temp controlled. I suppose I should stick a thermometer in there! I tend to keep things in the area I want them in. It’s not the best option cause you lose the precision of monitoring things but I tend to let the plants tell me what they want.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    Ya but that means buying lights.... and then I become futuristic and I’m ol school hahah. To be honest I haven’t even monitored my temps. But I don’t see much over a 10 degree difference. I have a lot of air moving around and the room is temp controlled. I suppose I should stick a thermometer in there! I tend to keep things in the area I want them in. It’s not the best option cause you lose the precision of monitoring things but I tend to let the plants tell me what they want.

Try an keep lights on an off temp diff no greater than 4c if possible it really does help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

Mh is better for shorter and bushier plants, I would put the MH over the sativas and hps over the indica a little bit further away than normal to try and even things out.
    Then just adjust as grow goes on.
    It's a tricky one but once your past stretch your home free and can flower hps or dual spec 👌👌

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Mh first 2 weeks flower then dual spec for me

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Hey Skunky , i found a Sunmaster dual spec all throughout the grow really did a wonderful job . Not too much stretch , nice tight nodes too .
    No stretching with Popcorns on a stick

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk