Thread: what depth root riot into clay peble basket.

Thanks

Default what depth root riot into clay peble basket.

Hi guys.

Quickquestion.

I have an alien rdwc and on there explanation video it says put a layer of clay pebbles at bottom of net basket , the growth cube and then a thin layer of pebbles on top of the cube.

I germinated in small root riot cubes and followed the instructions.

I have done this and if I lift up the basket to quickly some of the pebbles can role off and expose the cube .

Do I have to have pebbles on the bottom of the net pot?

Any help or advice would be great .

one of the girl in the pot

Rev

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (15-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Howdy mate , coming along well. Wouldn’t worry about the top the cube being exposed. As the roots start to find they way out the net pots you’ll want that cube to stay a little dry to prevent it rotting the stem. Think I had my root riots about level with the top of the net pot. Set your water level quite high for First fill up close enough that when u lift the net pot out it’s wet from being sprayed with the bubbles. Then as roots start to go for it you can drop the level a bit more.
    Good luck mate

Thanks

Thanks ginger

Yep I got the water just high enough so when I pull the baskets out they have splash bubbles all over them.

Just need to get a spray so I can get the leaf green on

Thanks for your help mate

Rev

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (15-02-18)