Thread: First Grow - some issues and worries I have

Thanks

Default First Grow - some issues and worries I have

Hi there community,

Im about to grow for my first time cause the stuff I often get from the streets often tastes like hay, grass or other non-canna-things. I don´t necssary want my neighbours to find out about my little gardening projekt, so I decided on Indor/Homegrow. I informed myself quite some time and came to this conclusion:

Boxdiameters: 0,5m x 0,5m x 1,5m (1,6ft x 1,6ft x 5ft)

Lights: 150w HPS (16500 lumes)

Filter: Prima Klima (240 m³/h)

Airflow: I still have to find something ^^

Strain: Sour Lemon OG

Earth: Bat Guano with some kinda grow-earth

Planting date: 20.04 (not because of 420... I did some research on lunar calendar)

Am I predestined to fail with this setup or not??
    My second worry is the Heat/Cold....

My roof is not isolated and for me the only safe place possible for growing. In the summer (late March till early September) temperatures can go up to 35° and in winter (mid November till March) down to -10. So is it possible to isolate my box with Rockwool or Glasswool) or will it get even hotter when I do so?

go viral, my little problem

Thanks

I would definitely get a small heater with a thermostat in there to make sure temps don't drop too much in night cycle (with a small space like that it won't take a very big heater to get it warm enough for the plants). Also temps will also likely get high when lights are on in such a small space (although I have no experience with 150w lights, 600w is the lowest I've used) so definitely get your extraction/air intake sorted before hand! I would do a test day or two with your planned light cycle on and monitor the temps and adjust extraction with a speed controller on your fan if needed. I dived straight in with my first grow and the plants suffered as it was too hot for the early stages so will always do a trail run from now on!
    Im not sure on the 150w light tbh but I suppose if you're just doing one plant it may be enough. Hope this helps a bit, good luck!