Thread: Are old seeds still usable

Thanks

Default Are old seeds still usable

Afternoon all,

A few years ago I was going to start a grow in a cabinet in my flat but I bottled it cause I was paranoid about my neighbours. So I packed away all my stuff including short stuff snowryder seeds. They've never been opened but must've been in a drawer for 8 years roughly. Do you think they'll still be viable? Any tips to help them spring to life?

Cheers
    Live from the dog house

2nd grow 1st diary White Widow Auto - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070731446

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18)

Thanks

Drop them in a tub of walm water see if they crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paul martin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18), Hashhound (17-02-18)

Thanks

Say walm very very luke walm sit them on something walm and see if the crack there helmets if so into paper method

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paul martin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18), Hashhound (17-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul martin View Post
    Say walm very very luke walm sit them on something walm and see if the crack there helmets if so into paper method

Cheers I've only done them straight into soil before, gonna give them a bash after I get back from holiday

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hashhound View Post
    Afternoon all,

A few years ago I was going to start a grow in a cabinet in my flat but I bottled it cause I was paranoid about my neighbours. So I packed away all my stuff including short stuff snowryder seeds. They've never been opened but must've been in a drawer for 8 years roughly. Do you think they'll still be viable? Any tips to help them spring to life?

Cheers
    So i am going thru this , this will be my third attemp with 10 year old seeds . they have the denses outter shell that i have ever seen. 1st i used the match box and sand paper method to scratch the shell to help with the opening . Then in warm spring water (ph not as much as a concern use spring water low ppm) with a light nutrient seaweed/kelp in a shot glass for 24 covered with a mug for darkness no longer they need oxyen for the next phase. At this point which you may not need to do is i slightly squeezed the shell with pliers to help crack it ( like i said shell is hard as a walnut) Phase 2 take a plate with 2 layers of paper towels and saturate just to about flood and fold over and cover. Check daily and tap roots should start within seven day.Wait until decent taproots are visable This is the phase im at and tap roots are showing. Phase 3 is either root riot plugs or i use a coco/perlite mix 2 and a 1\2 inch from the bottom of a solo cup so as the plant streatches add small amount of medium to keep it erected, under a cfl. Cut drainage holes in cups. Also not sure I put the first 2 attempts on a heating mat with no luck. So this time i didn't use it. Good luck

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topflite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18), Hashhound (18-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topflite View Post
    So i am going thru this , this will be my third attemp with 10 year old seeds . they have the denses outter shell that i have ever seen. 1st i used the match box and sand paper method to scratch the shell to help with the opening . Then in warm spring water (ph not as much as a concern use spring water low ppm) with a light nutrient seaweed/kelp in a shot glass for 24 covered with a mug for darkness no longer they need oxyen for the next phase. At this point which you may not need to do is i slightly squeezed the shell with pliers to help crack it ( like i said shell is hard as a walnut) Phase 2 take a plate with 2 layers of paper towels and saturate just to about flood and fold over and cover. Check daily and tap roots should start within seven day.Wait until decent taproots are visable This is the phase im at and tap roots are showing. Phase 3 is either root riot plugs or i use a coco/perlite mix 2 and a 1\2 inch from the bottom of a solo cup so as the plant streatches add small amount of medium to keep it erected, under a cfl. Cut drainage holes in cups. Also not sure I put the first 2 attempts on a heating mat with no luck. So this time i didn't use it. Good luck

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Cheers buddy thanks for taking the time to share

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

As long as they have been kept in nice ce cool place they should be fine
    I am popping seeds murdoch made around 5 years ago and they are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18), Hashhound (19-02-18), Herbenburg (08-02-19), M_C (18-03-18)

Thanks

They've been at the back of a cold cupboard for years so hopefully so

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

FACE (19-02-18), GEORGE (19-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I have had luck with old seeds, I soak for 24 hrs but if the seeds sinks when placed in water I have never had any luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-18)