Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Growing Questions

Thanks

Default Growing Questions

What size pots should I use for seedlings, full grown plants etc and will plastic do or should I use something more porous like terracotta?

Also I'm in the UK do what brand of soil should I use and should I add perlite or anything else to it?

Fertiliser wise, I've only got stuff like tomato ferts in. If there a recommended line of ferts I can use to go from seedling through to flowering available in the UK.

I definitely don't have time to make ferts or mix soil from scratch. Also is organic truely better dentist root burn or is it all much of a muchness.

More questions to follow I'm sure

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18), MrEnigma (20-02-18), MRJIMMY2017 (20-02-18)

Thanks

Personally I decided to keep away from soil growing and here is a few reasons why i went hydro dwc

1) 100% control of ph ( using a ph pen and ph up & ph dwn)
    2) 100% control of EC ( the measurement of of how much nutes are in the water nd adjusted using canna hydro parts A + B nutrients )
    3) Super fast growth
    4) Quicker to id problems
    5) Much Faster fixing of any issues

Nutes are easy when doing hydro

i mix up 14 liters at a time , it takes me around 5 mins and it lasts a week or more during veg .

i would stay away from ALL non cannabis nutes especially when the proper nutes are inexpensive And although people have ok results in soil you have much less control of your root environment

If you check out the grow journals on this site you will find lots of good information
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 20-02-18 at 09:59 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

if you goin soil, go with canna tera or plant magic soil

nutes , go with old timers grow, canna bio flores bloom (and add in old timers organic pk for later in flower) , rhizotonic, plant magic silicon. so your pretty much organic using them nutes without the real hard work of true organic growing.

pot size depends on photo or auto. if auto start in final pot 10litre pot. if photo start in say root riot cubes, then pot in to 1litre pots then say 5 litre followed by final 15litre.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18), sarahnya (20-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    if you goin soil, go with canna tera or plant magic soil

nutes , go with old timers grow, canna bio flores bloom (and add in old timers organic pk for later in flower) , rhizotonic, plant magic silicon. so your pretty much organic using them nutes without the real hard work of true organic growing.

pot size depends on photo or auto. if auto start in final pot 10litre pot. if photo start in say root riot cubes, then pot in to 1litre pots then say 5 litre followed by final 15litre.
    Which type of Canna soil do I need, there seem to be a few. So I need different types for different seedlings?

I just want the easiest set up for now being my first attempt. I guess I can tinker with things later.

Soooo can't wait to get started but I still have a shit ton of reading and watching videos to do.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    Which type of Canna soil do I need, there seem to be a few. So I need different types for different seedlings?

I just want the easiest set up for now being my first attempt. I guess I can tinker with things later.

Soooo can't wait to get started but I still have a shit ton of reading and watching videos to do.
    well start them in verve cutting/seedling soil from B &Q in mini small pots while they very young, then pot them up in to canna terra soil (ebay number 263130218792)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18), sarahnya (20-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrEigma View Post
    Personally I decided to keep away from soil growing and here is a few reasons why i went hydro dwc ....
    I kinda agree, I'm a fan of coco

However, when someone is growing in soil then it's a lot to buy & take in for them to move to hydro...assuming they have the space....

Soil will get some very satisfactory results & has the added advantage of being able to support organic growing that will beat, hands down, the flavour of hydro

I'm actually looking at going back to soil for the above reason.... I can easily grow more than I need so it's now quality over quantity that I am chasing
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18), YorkshireFarmer (20-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    well start them in verve cutting/seedling soil from B &Q in mini small pots while they very young, then pot them up in to canna terra soil (ebay number 263130218792)
    Sweet thank you. Do you think I will be able to get the Canna stuff from hydroponics shop or is it gonna be an Internet job? I've definitely not seen it in my garden centres and I'm an avid gardener so I would have seen it lol

I've got 6 days off work after today so I'm gonna have fun shopping

Same with that feet, is that online only?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (20-02-18), GEORGE (03-04-18), YorkshireFarmer (20-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,742 Times

Sweet thank you. Do you think I will be able to get the Canna stuff from hydroponics shop or is it gonna be an Internet job? I've definitely not seen it in my garden centres and I'm an avid gardener so I would have seen it lol

You can buy it from Hydro shops for sure which I would advise because ordering online takes time and you wont get the most out of the 6 days.

Type in Hydroponics shops near me on google maps and go from there.

Happy growing

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18), sarahnya (20-02-18)

Thanks

Fertiliser not feet, f knows what autocorrect is thinking it's a bloody troll

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireFarmer View Post
    You can buy it from Hydro shops for sure which I would advise because ordering online takes time and you wont get the most out of the 6 days.

Type in Hydroponics shops near me on google maps and go from there.

Happy growing
    Yay, real shopping is so much more fun. I have loads of hydroponics shops near me so I'll have fun.

Do I need anymore equipment such as thermometers, timers, things to measure humidity. I'm guessing I can pick bits and bobs up at places like that

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-18), YorkshireFarmer (20-02-18)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast