Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super cropping

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,114 Times

Default Super cropping

Hi, can anyone let me know when is the best time to start super cropping my plants?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

any pics ow how they look now? will give better indication. i super crop to help fill the space up in me tent so alot will depend on your space, plant size etc.

i usually do it two weeks or so before flip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (23-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    any pics ow how they look now? will give better indication. i super crop to help fill the space up in me tent so alot will depend on your space, plant size etc.

i usually do it two weeks or so before flip
    I’m at work at the mo but can send pics later to show how the plants are and the room I’m growing in. The plants have only been in for two weeks and just under 10cm tall. I’m going to use a bamboo frame to hold the branches in place is this an ok idea?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrack102 View Post
    I’m at work at the mo but can send pics later to show how the plants are and the room I’m growing in. The plants have only been in for two weeks and just under 10cm tall. I’m going to use a bamboo frame to hold the branches in place is this an ok idea?
    dont sound ready to super crop tbh mate, you want some big bushes before you do. i also top mine twice before supercrop stage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    dont sound ready to super crop tbh mate, you want some big bushes before you do. i also top mine twice before supercrop stage
    Ok mate I’ll still send some pics and let you give some advise ����

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Greencrack102 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-02-18)

Thanks

Alright joker, here’s some pic let me know your thoughts and what do you mean by flip (flowering)? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E13C195-7500-4969-825D-FC09E9148669.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	356908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9D3F28C-BF39-471F-A36C-3C6225B68414.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	356909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CF92FA5-2CAA-4688-BED4-F7DE9AD291B7.jpg 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	356910Click image for larger version. 

ID:	356910Click image for larger version. 

ID:	356910

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Greencrack102 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-02-18)

Thanks

Yea mate flippin it wen you change timer to 12.12
    They no wer near ready for supercroppin mate. Barely luk ready for 1st toppin yet. Will dig out some my super crop pics for ya. U shud stary diary mukka

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (20-02-18), Stirl_420_SA (20-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Im with joken on this one.... They look pretty indica dominant? Ya like joker said you arent even ready for the supercropping yet. THis is almost regardless of what growing style you perform. Once they get that 4 or 5th node, then you are only ready to top.

Now there are limitations to the next part....... A lot depends on what size plants you looking to grow, light, and grow time. If you are mainlining or fluxing, then only once you have topped and you have new growth a couple inches long do you supercrop. This is the big thing where a sativa dominant strain comes into play, because the lankyness of the stems is perfect for supercropping. Now indicas can be supercropped too, I just did mine the other day with 2 weeks of veg. I had her topped one time, let those grow out to almost 8" or so and the side branching to kick in and then cropped the two mains and 2 side branches to even the canopy. My sativas, with a 34 day veg, I have supercropped them probably 4 or 5 times. They are lanky, and lots of branches on em.

The way you supercrop means a lot too....... Some people like to roll the stems between the fingers till they feel a crunch, and then bend the branch to where they want. This works good for strains with small stems but sometimes you cant do this. So I just crush the place where I want to crop between my fingers till it crushes. Then I bend it there. This is typically a pretty solid tree, so you want to take it slow, when bending but make sure you go past the 90deree point with em. Now if I have a plant that is nice and healthy, strong, and moderately soft stems, I will just snap them. Reach in grab where u want to crop, bend until it snaps. Now sometimes the plant will split or even break off. She will recover from it, or use a bit of tape. Check out my diary bro. I have some massive knuckles developing from super cropping my haze.

To really crop correctly, u need a large plant, or one established enough to recover and take advantage of the cropping. If its too young, or too small, you will shock the shit out of it....... I just did a supercrop right before 12/12...... actually the day before. This was all my sativas, and only a couple indicas. By doing so I spread out the canopy more, slowed her down vertically for a bit, and will get the explosion of growth here in a couple of days.

Eventaully u will become so accustomed to doing it that you dont think about it. Just go in there and start snapping. The key to supercropping is that the stem "walls" break, and have to be repaired. Get up a diary, we will let you know right when to depending on what your looking for form your grow.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

AND (20-02-18), Greencrack102 (22-02-18), WF420 (22-02-18)

Thanks

Thanks for info skunky and joker,
    I’ve just read a thread saying topping and supercropping are no good for auto flowering plants which I have and should use a technique called LST or scrog is this right?
    As for what I’m looking for in the end result is lots of bud :0)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrack102 View Post
    Thanks for info skunky and joker,
    I’ve just read a thread saying topping and supercropping are no good for auto flowering plants which I have and should use a technique called LST or scrog is this right?
    As for what I’m looking for in the end result is lots of bud :0)
    ahhh you shud have mentioned that in your 1st post lol. you can top autos but only at 3rd true node (4th) you cant scrog autos either.

top and plenty of LST.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (22-02-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast