Thread: Possible temp issues coming into summer?

Thanks

Default Possible temp issues coming into summer?

I was hoping to be growing by now but looked into it to much and ended up buying more and more expensive equipment meaning im probably not going to be able to start until april. The plan was to use a 400w hps in a 80x80x160 tent with a 6" 150 rhino pro cf with a 6" L1 rvk as extraction (since realised the fan is over powered for the filter but won't be running at full speed so hoping it's fine?) Which i've already bought.

Problem is i was planning on using a passive intake and venting out near a open window but by the time i'm going to be in flower it could be jun/july and temps will be alot higher. My only other source of air could come from the attic, could i get a smaller fan say about 4" drawing air from the attic or would it be too hot in the summer months? Don't really want to vent out into the attic as i would have no idea if the carbon filter is working and don't want next door complaining of smell :/

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

attic during mid summer is a challenge coz dammm it gets hot up there, if you plant some auto beans end of march you should be able to avoid the hot attic temps, or invest in a decent led for the hot months if temps dont allow the hps to be ran during flower

Thanks

I was afraid that would be the case leds are out of my price range for a good set sadly. Would a portable aircon unit in the same room as the tent work if i was venting out into the same room?

Otherwise it looks like a might have to vent out into the attic and hope the cf doesnt leak!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcroc View Post
    I was afraid that would be the case leds are out of my price range for a good set sadly. Would a portable aircon unit in the same room as the tent work if i was venting out into the same room?

Otherwise it looks like a might have to vent out into the attic and hope the cf doesnt leak!
    get a 300w prakasa for about 250£ no point runnin air con in attic unless you properly kitted the attic out with insulation boards etc.
    crack crack some autos asap an you shudnt need worry bro

Thanks

Sorry i meant running aircon in the room with the tent in not in the attic. Currently just have the filter and fan, have about £300 available to spend which will cover most of the hardware but would still need pots/nutes/seeds

Best bet i think is to get it all sorted asap and get going before it gets to hot i suppose?

Thanks

Sorry i meant running aircon in the room with the tent in not in the attic. Currently just have the filter and fan, have about £300 available to spend which will cover most of the hardware but would still need pots/nutes/seeds

Best bet i think is to get it all sorted asap and get going before it gets to hot i suppose?
    ah sorry mate i misread then i fort you had ya tent in the attic. i have my tents in spare room so when summer comes i stick aircon in that room, i extract in to attic and intake from within in the room, also extract hot air out the window from aircon unit, but tbh am gona extract it in to the attic this summer.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

It’s sucks having to grow in a loft!
    I’m going to have the same problem come summer months
    Might insulate the loft with kingspan and
    down size and run one light with good extraction ect
    But in the mean time think I’m going to run 2 little babies under a cfl until my next crops done that way I won’t have to veg and have the light on so long in the summer months
    Gemz

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

In summer i would look to draw air from another room as the attic will be too hot, learnt from past experience.

If you do take air from in the loft make sure its filtered