Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First Time Grower - Medical Cannabis

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Default First Time Grower - Medical Cannabis

Hello everyone. I am a newbie.
    I have recently become interested in growing due to my mum being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

When the hospital sent her home we were told there was nothing they could do. She was too weak for operation and chemo and the tumour was too near her arteries for radiation. This was such a blow for me and my younger brother. Our little family consists of just us three, mum, me and my brother. My dad was killed in a traffic accident when we were young which naturally made the three of us even closer. We share all our problems, see each other almost every day and we all love each other so much. We never had a lot of money growing up but what we did have was a solid family unit. My mum brought us up to always respect others and never to judge people. I think she did an amazing job raising 2 lads on her own. It is now payback time for all those times she looked after us. I now have my mum living with me so that I can care for her.

When we received the terrible news of her cancer, it was such a shock and I couldn't accept that we had to just watch her slowly get ill and die of this awful disease in front of our eyes. So I started to research, I spent night after night reading and studying natural cancer remedies. By this time, my mum was starting n to feel pain as the cancer had metastasized into her bones. To cut a long story short, I had read about clinical trials using something called DCA (Sodium Dichloroacetate) which helped to get rid of the lactic acid excreted by cancer which causes pain in the body. I managed to buy 100% pure DCA from a respectable lab based in Scotland. I'm please to say that after only 5 days of taking DCA my mum was pain free.

I also researched other methods of eliminating cancer and every website I used mentioned cannabis oil as the king of all natural remedies. I discounted this to start with as I don't know anyone who smokes cannabis never mind grow it. It wasn't until I spoke with friends about wishing I could get hold of cannabis oil that one of them knew someone who sold weed for smokers. I was introduced to this person only to find out that he knew someone who made the oil for people who suffer from pain related illnesses. I started to buy oil from him via my friends contact. However, I couldn't get to know the strain or what percentage of THC/CBD the oil was made of. Plus the sites I have used all say the only way to know whether you are getting medical cannabis oil is to grow it and extract the oil yourself. So that's where I am right now.

I was advised to buy the following:-
    4ft x 4ft x 8ft tent
    Maxibright Daylight 315 Ballast
    Philips CMH 315w lamp
    Maxibright Small Supanova Reflector
    Red Scorpion Carbon Filter and extractor fan
    A Twin Fan Controller
    A PPM/EC Truncheon

I have purchased 3 feminized Shiva Skunk Seeds which I have just germinated in a heated propagator. These seeds are what I need to provide mum with the correct medical cannabis oil that is required to fulfil the 90 grams in 3 monthts protocol. In the meantime I have been using cannabis oil from the same person. Although it seems high in THC we still don't know the strain or any info regarding the type of plant. I have been told that until I obtain medical grade cannabis oil, some THC is better than nothing. I believe this to be true as my mum was given 2 to four months with an average of 100 days in April 2017 and she is still with us today. I truly believe that cannabis oil can kill cancer cells. So much so, that I'm now ready to grow my own medical grade cannabis.

So to you good people, I will be grateful for any answers/info to questions that no doubt will arise during my very first grow.
    I am so nervous about getting it right as I feel there is a lot riding on the success of growing the correct way.

I hope I don't get on your nerves if I don't understand something and need confirmation in layman's terms. I've tried to read quite a lot of this forum before I even made myself a member so that I don't ask some stupid question, but I have to say, there is such a lot to take in that my brain is ready to burst and I apologise in advance if I miss the obvious. How I wish I only had to grow carrots or spuds....!!!

I thank you for taking the time to read such a long post and I look forward to interaction with you in the very NEAR future.

Regards to all

Royston

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

British green (23-02-18), Bud Lightyear (23-02-18), budfarmer (25-02-18), G' (23-02-18), redisiel (25-02-18), WhIpLaSh (28-02-18)

Macky Guest

Damn mate, fucking tragic post man! You're doing a good thing by looking after your mother, you're a good lad!!

All the help you need is right here on the forum, do some reading, get a diary up and running, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

This is an important crop for you, I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to give you all the help you need to see through! Good luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

G' (23-02-18)

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words Macho.

I have some questions.

I germinated the seeds using the damp paper towel method. Once the tap root came through, I transferred them into Root Riot Blocks under a thermastatic propagator. I read that once the roots start to come through, to then put the root riot block into the growing medium. I have 8cm square fibre pots to grow the seedlings in. I noticed tonight, after only 2 days under the propagator, the tap root has started to come through the side of the root riot block in 2 cases and right through the bottom in the other. My question is, should I pot them up now or wait until more roots come through?

Also, when I do pot them, should I keep them in the propagator and put them in the tent under the light? I am thinking that I can achieve a higher degree of humidity by keeping them in the propagator. The humidity level is currently at 87% and temp is 21°C.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

G' (23-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Welcome to the talk Royston, tragic circumstances my friend, first of all try and get your post count up to 10 so you can upload pictures and give as much information as possible about your grow, growing medium, strains you are growing, nutes you intend using etc' the more info you give the more the guys on the talk can help you, may god bless and grow with you brother, good luck and all the best mate, G'.

Chew Guest

Sorry to read you bad news my friend. We are here to help if we can...

This 90 days of oil is bollox mate. It takes as much as it takes. Also, 3 plants is no where near enough for 90 days anyway. If I can help with anything then please let me know.

Is there any ER+ cancer to deal with also?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

British green (23-02-18), G' (24-02-18)

Thanks

Thank you fatha G. I will upload pics as soon as I get my count up. The nutes I have been sold are the following:-

CYCO Platinum Series Grow A & B
    CYCO Platinum Series Bloom A & B

Moonshine Nutrient Enhancer
    Moonshine Foliar Spray

Buddha's Tree PK 9-18 Bloom Booster.

I'm not sure what the growing medium is. It was recommended by the hydro shop and comes in a large white plastic sack. I can only describe it as compost with small maltezer like balls in it. (Sorry for such a naff description) I Ali have a bag of perlite compost additive.

I currently have 3 feminized Shiva Skunk seeds germinated that I bought from Sensi Seeds. They are 85% Indica hybrid of Super Skunk/Northern Lights. Recommended for first time growers and can produce high yield with a comparatively short flowing period.

I hope this helps.

King regards

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

G' (24-02-18)

Thanks

Thank you Chew for your offer of help. It is much appreciated.

When you say 'Is there any ER+ cancer to deal with also?' What do you mean by ER+? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here.

Kind regards

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

British green (23-02-18), G' (24-02-18)

Thanks

Can anyone answer my questions regarding whether to put the germinated seeds into pots. They are still under the propagator and I notice the tap root growing out of the root riot block. I'm not sure if I need to wait until more roots come through first or whether the single tap root is enough. I have read that once the seedlings produce the first two leaves they should be put under lights. All three are now showing the first two leaves. I don't want to risk putting them under lighting too soon.

As always your advice is appreciated

Kind regards

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

G' (24-02-18)

Thanks

I have just realised, this section of the forum is to introduce myself. As I'm now asking questions regarding my grow, should I be posting in the relevant section or am I ok to carry on here?

Kind regards

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

G' (24-02-18)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roystontheo View Post
    Thank you Chew for your offer of help. It is much appreciated.

When you say 'Is there any ER+ cancer to deal with also?' What do you mean by ER+? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here.

Kind regards
    Estrogen positive, mate

If you need help with carrier oils, dosing etc then just ask

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

G' (24-02-18)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast