Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First Time Grower - Medical Cannabis

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Machi, When I bought my gear from the shop, the guy mentioned something about PH-ing between 5.8 and 6.2 so I'll go with your advice and PH at 6. So are the CYCO nutes good for purpose? I'm happy to buy something else if you have a recommended choice of nutes.

I've read the back of the 'grow' bottles and it says 'Add 30ml of both part A & B per 10 ltr'. So if i make up just 1 ltr I would normally add 3ml of both parts of the nutes. So am I right in thinking that your suggested quarter would be .75ml of both nutes into a litre?

Bloody He'll, I've just read further down the bottle and it says ' Check and adjust PH (5.5-5.8)' So I'm totally confused. Oh Christ, now I've just seen 'For Hydroponic Use Only' What a nightmare...

I will post a pic of of back of the bottle for you to see.

In the meantime I will hold off feeding nutes until you see the pic just in case I need to buy some other nutes recommended for soil?

Sorry for faffin about but I need to be sure I understand the feeding regime and also that I know what I'm feeding them is right.

I realise I'm maybe relying on you a bit too much. I promise I'm not being lazy in finding out for myself, I just feel that learning from someone with hands on experience is worth much more than reading from a book.

I'll wait until I hear from you. Once again many many thanks.

Kind regards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180224_101611.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	357030

Thanks

For your info...

I have potted the Root Riot Blocks into the fabric seedling pots. (I mixed a little perlite with the soil) Then placed the 3 pots into the prop and have put them under the light as they have all got stems n tiny leaves.

Here is a pic of the whole set up and a close up of the seedlings.

How high should I put the light? (Philips Full Spectrum 315w CMH - Maxibright Daylight 315 Ballast)

Kind regards as always

Name:	20180224_102400.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	357031

Name:	20180224_102613.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	357032
    Last edited by Roystontheo; 24-02-18 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Chew Guest

I start my seedlings at Ph 5.6. week two 5.7 then 5.8 for remaining veg time. Once they need a feed which is normally around 5-7 days from sprouting, I feed 0.5 ml/l of Canna a and b. My base Ec is 0.6

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roystontheo View Post
    For your info...

I have potted the Root Riot Blocks into the fabric seedling pots. (I mixed a little perlite with the soil) Then placed the 3 pots into the prop and have put them under the light as they have all got stems n tiny leaves.

Here is a pic of the whole set up and a close up of the seedlings.

How high should I put the light? (Philips Full Spectram 315w CMH - Maxibright Daylight 315 Ballast)

Kind regards as always

Name:	20180224_102400.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	357031

Name:	20180224_102613.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	357032
    if temps allow, lower the light or they are gonna stretch like fook!

Thanks

Thanks Chew. I will start my seedlings as you suggest. Do I still spray the top of the soil or should i water as you would normally?

I will Google canna A & B in order to buy it instead of the nutes I've been sold. I have read a few times about people using those nutes. What do you mean by 'my base EC is 0.6'?

Cheers for the heads up with the light. Now lowered to 24" above the prop....

Name:	20180224_110412.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	357033

Chew Guest

Thanks Chew. I will start my seedlings as you suggest. Do I still spray the top of the soil or should i water as you would normally?

I will Google canna A & B in order to buy it instead of the nutes I've been sold. I have read a few times about people using those nutes. What do you mean by 'my base EC is 0.6'?

Cheers for the heads up with the light. Now lowered to 24" above the prop....

Name:	20180224_110412.jpg 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	357033
    Keep a check on temps now you've lowered the light.

Base/background Ec is the Ec of your tap water before adding any nutes. I would run water through those pots, i aways do at this stage without any issues...

Thanks

Really sorry to hear about your mum mate.

The weed should definatly help with the pain.

My mum suffers with bi-polar and fibro mialgia, i had mentioned to her smoking a while back and she finallky gave it a try after running out of sleeping pills, it took away her back pain, racing mind and got her to sleep without the tablets she has relied on in years, she just oddly had dreams about Knights in armour!?

I actually had a brain tumour a few years back, although not cancerous i did find smoking helped the pain aspect and the sleep aspect.

Definatly in the right place for advise and wish your mum and your family all the best.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Greenthumbs Apprentice For This Useful Post:

Roystontheo (24-02-18)

Thanks

Chew. I'm having trouble trying to keep the temps down to 21°C in the prop under the light. Even when I set the light as high as it can go. It's showing 24.8°C and the humidity has dropped to 60%. So I was wondering, I have A small bright white LED floodlight which is 1000 lumens. It gives of very little heat. Could I hang that above the propagator, and then use the built in temperature controlled heater which I can set to 21°C? I had stable temperature and humidity which was at 86% before I put it under the 315w CMH. A pic of the light is attached.

Name:	ledlight.jpg 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	357038

Name:	20180224_202543.jpg 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	357039

Chew Guest

Chew. I'm having trouble trying to keep the temps down to 21°C in the prop under the light. Even when I set the light as high as it can go. It's showing 24.8°C and the humidity has dropped to 60%. So I was wondering, I have A small bright white LED floodlight which is 1000 lumens. It gives of very little heat. Could I hang that above the propagator, and then use the built in temperature controlled heater which I can set to 21°C? I had stable temperature and humidity which was at 86% before I put it under the 315w CMH. A pic of the light is attached.

Name:	ledlight.jpg 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	357038

Name:	20180224_202543.jpg 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	357039
    25c is perfect mate. No worries there. 60% RH is fine too. Jeez, more often than not, mine at this stage are around 40% RH. Whilst not ideal, don’t matter too much at all

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Roystontheo (24-02-18)

Thanks

Oh thanks for your very prompt reply. I can rest a bit easier tonight. I'm probably over complicating everything but I promise you I will learn and remember your good advice. Cheers for now n have a great Saturday night.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast