Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is this heater set up safe?? I’m worried :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    Sorry to jump on the thread but I've a similar situation...

I have one of those 2 foot bar oil heaters, a single tube heater thing, and its not coming close to cutting the mustard. I can see why a fan heater is quicker but they seem dangerous in a small room with the odd dead leave lying around - is that what most people use? I suppose it would ensure I keep a super clean and well maintained grow room but would be paranoid when having to go away for a long weekend etc.

The other option is a larger oil burner like the OPs - but whats the norm here, what are most people using etc?

Thanks people
    i been using leccy fan heater in same ecotech controller in same tent for years , do worry about it maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

if you set your controller correct the fan heater doesnt constantly run, it just kicks in here an there with instant heat rather than oil rad taking to long

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), Erby (04-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18)

Thanks

I use a rad like the one you have but it needs to be upright. Make sure you cover the lights on the switch with a bit of tape.

I found recently that if I place a fan blowing air through the rad I can get much more heat on a lower setting and it circulates or pushes the warm air above the canopy.

My rad keeps the base temp at about 18 to 20 depending on the outside temps. And the light takes it up to 23 to 25.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rollingstones For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), Erby (05-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    i think they are meant to be level on the floor, because the heating element is at the bottom and could burn out, but its up to you
    Yeah, heating element is at the bottom but the whole thing is full of oil so element is never exposed, therefore no chance of burning out, unless you turn it upside down that is

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,113 Times

absolutely nothing to worry about !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fieldy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Rollingstones View Post
    I use a rad like the one you have but it needs to be upright. Make sure you cover the lights on the switch with a bit of tape.

I found recently that if I place a fan blowing air through the rad I can get much more heat on a lower setting and it circulates or pushes the warm air above the canopy.

My rad keeps the base temp at about 18 to 20 depending on the outside temps. And the light takes it up to 23 to 25.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, would mind taking another picture of your scrog and pot set up - looks nice in there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2