Thread: How much light once that break soil

Thanks

Default How much light once that break soil

Once my seed poke ther head do I need to put them on a light cycle they showed two days ago so I've been leaving them on 18 six 1000w led but they seem to be growing tall fast I'm worrying that it's going to carry on at that speed advice pleas thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i have them under a t5 on 24.7 for couple week before upgrading light and givin them some dark

go easy on how close that led is though you see people do more harm than good with it up close. most leds have different manufacture recommendations for light distances at different stages of the growth

Macky Guest

I don't know joker, the plant needs those six hours dark, to rest, and grow roots. Whilst the light is on, the plant works on growing the greenery, when it's off, more energy gets spent growing roots. In those early stages you want to encourage root growth as much as possible. You want, atleast, 4 hours dark, but six is always recommended. Don't just grow plants, grow roots ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    I don't know joker, the plant needs those six hours dark, to rest, and grow roots. Whilst the light is on, the plant works on growing the greenery, when it's off, more energy gets spent growing roots. In those early stages you want to encourage root growth as much as possible. You want, atleast, 4 hours dark, but six is always recommended. Don't just grow plants, grow roots ;-)

i do coz i do every time lol, each to there own.... there still growing roots with lights on they go searching for food when lights on which encourages the root mass

and also it would depend more so if it photo or auto, as you know autos can do 24/0 all way through cycle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i do coz i do every time lol, each to there own.... there still growing roots with lights on they go searching for food when lights on which encourages the root mass

and also it would depend more so if it photo or auto, as you know autos can do 24/0 all way through cycle.
    True that mate, I've done it with autos, but never photos, when I've got enough to sit on for an experimental one, I'll give it a shot

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (27-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    True that mate, I've done it with autos, but never photos, when I've got enough to sit on for an experimental one, I'll give it a shot

av dun it with both tbh mate, usually when am tryin combat temps if i got one or 2 in attic, have done whole veg nearly with a photo wit light on 24.7 they grew sweet more compact tighter nodes aswel. but i do like to give them dark now mainly coz it helps with leccy cost lol usually after seedling stage an they have set or two of leaves

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

I suppose having temps at a constant is a good thing and will help all round. Especially in winter, can get a bit cold with the lights off if you're not watching the temps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok so my light will not cause stretching? it's about 1m away by the way and temp I have no idea still need to by a temp humidity reader I do have all 4 tubs sat around an oil burning rad which I leave on 24 7 the light I will stick to switching of for 6 as I'm hoping it will slow the tallness if that makes sense lol thanks for the info everyone

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Is there an issue with vegging feminised seeds (non-auto) on a 24 hour light cycle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Ironman (27-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by n00b_gr0wer View Post
    Is there an issue with vegging feminised seeds (non-auto) on a 24 hour light cycle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    None at all fella. Most of my photo grows have been 24 hours on because I'm usually finishing and auto whilst vegging my photo. 😉

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post: