Thread: Reflectors and such

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Default Reflectors and such

What's up guys, as I'm nearing the inspection I'm looking to upgrade my gear.

So far I've replaced my fan to an 8" L1 RVK, sorting out some phonic trap ducting to boot.

My current tent is 1.2×1.2×2 which is a great size, tent seems a little shit though as its a cheap one I got in a grow kit from ebay (don't ever buy grow kits). So looking to upgrade this one to something I won have to cut up to fit fan etc.

What I'm wondering is if its worth me using the fan with an 8" to 6" reducer as the fans will never be full power. Or stick to 8 across the board.

Tent I was looking at secret jardin/ hydrolabs or gorilla.

I'm sticking to coco, autos and DtW setup but upgrading to airpots, once that's dialled in I may go back to fabric but for now, keep it simple stupid... so looking at 20l pots and the rhizo drain system by growell (as I have no space to build my own for now). Any particular recommendations here or are they pretty much the same across the board?

I don't need to go ham on the equipment just yet as I'm still renting(not for long hopefully).

So parabolic reflector is the way I wanna go, I already have a 600w magnetic HID ballast so getting an mh bulb for veg at 600w too. Also investing in a 4way T5 for seedlings in a prop tent.
    So what I'm wondering here is: dimple or straight; silver, white or stainless steel... And if so recommended brands?

I realise I've been inactive for a hit, new job was a shit hole so starting new on on Monday, but it's why I have been afk for some time. Was trying to make things work and none of it fit... So switched it up. Hopefully some things pay off and I'll be able to buy in a few months but for now stuck at a flat that has a hole in ceiling, pissed walls, damp, plug sockets without switches etc etc... Sucks but we make do. The damp is new. Seems a brick cracked loose in the cold weather and fell between the cavity causing water to feed in through the cracks and into the wall cavity.

Hope you're all doing amazing and the grows are coming on nicely.
    Stay frosty you beautiful people.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (08-03-18)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Also yes, I have read blues Post. Know roughly what I'm looking for but need some clarity on some of it. Hence the questions

I wish I had funds to try everything

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    What's up guys, as I'm nearing the inspection I'm looking to upgrade my gear.

So far I've replaced my fan to an 8" L1 RVK, sorting out some phonic trap ducting to boot.

My current tent is 1.2×1.2×2 which is a great size, tent seems a little shit though as its a cheap one I got in a grow kit from ebay (don't ever buy grow kits). So looking to upgrade this one to something I won have to cut up to fit fan etc.

What I'm wondering is if its worth me using the fan with an 8" to 6" reducer as the fans will never be full power. Or stick to 8 across the board.

Tent I was looking at secret jardin/ hydrolabs or gorilla.

I'm sticking to coco, autos and DtW setup but upgrading to airpots, once that's dialled in I may go back to fabric but for now, keep it simple stupid... so looking at 20l pots and the rhizo drain system by growell (as I have no space to build my own for now). Any particular recommendations here or are they pretty much the same across the board?

I don't need to go ham on the equipment just yet as I'm still renting(not for long hopefully).

So parabolic reflector is the way I wanna go, I already have a 600w magnetic HID ballast so getting an mh bulb for veg at 600w too. Also investing in a 4way T5 for seedlings in a prop tent.
    So what I'm wondering here is: dimple or straight; silver, white or stainless steel... And if so recommended brands?

I realise I've been inactive for a hit, new job was a shit hole so starting new on on Monday, but it's why I have been afk for some time. Was trying to make things work and none of it fit... So switched it up. Hopefully some things pay off and I'll be able to buy in a few months but for now stuck at a flat that has a hole in ceiling, pissed walls, damp, plug sockets without switches etc etc... Sucks but we make do. The damp is new. Seems a brick cracked loose in the cold weather and fell between the cavity causing water to feed in through the cracks and into the wall cavity.

Hope you're all doing amazing and the grows are coming on nicely.
    Stay frosty you beautiful people.

Bloody hell fella, welcome back! I though you were stocked for the year from your first grow matey!

Reflectors is minor % difference so just pick which ya think looks nicest 😉

Sorry your gaff is falling apart. I'm in a rental that ain't too much better. Atleast I know I ain't getting robbed cos the place looks like shit from the outside 😂

Bring on the next grow matey!

🌱 current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165966

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (08-03-18), Karsa (05-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I've got my eye on one of these light set ups, you would kill it on there with that set up!

Current Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...re-blue-cheese
    Previous diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...o-clay-pebbles