Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Feeding low, bushy plants without splashing??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    It's a very easy job to make your own watering system. If I have time tomorrow I will draw a diagram and post a few pics.

I have a 10 plant coco set up in 8 litre fabric pots (down from 16l) a Cheap digital timer feeds 5 times each day. I make the first feed of the day longer until I get run off then a further 4 shorter feeds.

It is more or less a 160 litre tub at one end with a pump on a timer attached to some 13mm pipe which runs the length of the room, I then have 10 outlets of micro pipe from the main tube with a T fitting on each end to give me 2 micro tube outlets per pot. Push a stop end onto the other end of your main pipe. Finally next to your feed tank at the highest point push a barb into your main pipe with a bit of micro pipe going back into your feed tank, this will prevent syphoning.
    I don't understand the last bit, can you explain to me please

Current Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...re-blue-cheese
    Previous diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...o-clay-pebbles

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Crack View Post
    Yes it dear so cost effective also.

I waste very little, if any nutrients.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Does Anyone know if you can submerge a pump into your res and run 13mm pipe with a stop valve on the end. Then when watering you can turn the valve off whilst the pumps flowing to move from pot to pot just like a hose pipe really. and also you would be able to turn the valve off so you can go and turn the pump off.?
    I wonder if this will break or damage the pump in anyway by stopping the flow of water in full power..??

Thanks
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deffo will damage pump. You could put a bypass close by and back into the tank but would have to shut this valve when opening the others. It is possible using NO and NC valves or relays but slightly complicated. Easier to just control the on/off of the pump

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Deffo will damage pump. You could put a bypass close by and back into the tank but would have to shut this valve when opening the others. It is possible using NO and NC valves or relays but slightly complicated. Easier to just control the on/off of the pump
    Thanks mate.! I was going to the shop today to buy the bits so will have a little rethink.

I did see somewhere on here that a few lads do this kinda thing with a submerged pump and some pipe.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Yes it dear so cost effective also.

I waste very little, if any nutrients.
    That's interesting, because I'll be leaving mine this week in the wilma and I'm worried the ec and ph and going to swing too rapidly while I'm away.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...re-blue-cheese

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4