Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feeding low, bushy plants without splashing??

GreenBalls Guest

Default Feeding low, bushy plants without splashing??

Hello!
    This may be the dumbest question ever asked on the forum, but I'm prepared for any judgement

I have autos that have been LST‎d such that they are now very low and bushy - you can't see the coco beneath.
    My trouble is that I can't water the plants without splashing all over the tops of the plants, and subsequently spending ages dabbing water droplets off them afterwards.

I bought a long spout watering can‎, hoping to fit the spout in gaps of the plant, but it's not happening how I imagined it.. the water rushes out as soon as I lower it towards the plants. ‎

Is this happening because you aren't supposed to have a plant so short and bushy, that blocks the medium and main stem?
    Or am I being an idiot in some other way?‎

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

M_C (06-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Attach a length of hose to the watering can if possible.

pop the hose in the pot and lift the watering can.

Still a bit fiddley like.

Thats why I dont water by hand bloody hard work

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (10-03-18), M_C (06-03-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm half way through my first grow and already totally fed up with feeding. Can you by any chance, recommend a reliable, and somewhat noob friendly auto Feed system?

I looked at blumats when I first planned my setup, but it seemed too good to be true (on paper) and also I saw a video or thread where some guy went away for a week and came back to dead plants.

Any affordable and reliable suggestions? Would a £50 blumat system be a wise purchase?

Thanks again

Thanks

Alright mate
    You could use one of these:SEALEY OIL FLUID SUCTION SUCKER GEAR BOX DIFF FILLER DISPENCER 500ML AK47 off ebay

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chimpboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm half way through my first grow and already totally fed up with feeding. Can you by any chance, recommend a reliable, and somewhat noob friendly auto Feed system?

I looked at blumats when I first planned my setup, but it seemed too good to be true (on paper) and also I saw a video or thread where some guy went away for a week and came back to dead plants.

Any affordable and reliable suggestions? Would a £50 blumat system be a wise purchase?

Thanks again
    Look up the Wilma system, mate. Takes all the ball ache out of hand watering!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (10-03-18), nom (03-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,536 Times

Quote Originally Posted by n00b_gr0wer View Post
    Look up the Wilma system, mate. Takes all the ball ache out of hand watering!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    That's what I did! Best decision ever! I get to leave my house for.a whole day now!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

WhIpLaSh (03-03-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Thank you v much for this advice.

I think my concern with Wilma is that it will reduce my options, and pot-wise it seems a bit of a downgrade, unless I look into modding.
    I.e. I currently have 5 x 15l air pots in my space, with a Wilma system I will be limited to using 4 x standard square pots in the same space.
    However there's lots of food for thought here, and I'm seriously looking into auto-feed alternatives now.
    Much appreciate the suggestions given!

Thanks

I had 20L pots before and now in a Wilma I'm using 9L airpots. Does feel like a downgrade but with the hassle of hand feeding removed, and also only having to check/top up the feed once a week, it's worth it for me.

I leave the feed on 24/7 because I don't have space for a timer on my 8 socket extension cable that is powering my grow and it lasts a week. On a timer it lasted 2 weeks in veg. Plants are loving it too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

lipnobody (03-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,811 Times

What medium are you using with the auto feed system nom? Iv just done a quick google search there and them systems sound great! Got me thinking lol
    ~~~ Northern Lights x Big Bud / SCROG..one plant, 16oz total yield

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Big-Bud-SCROG

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm in coco peanut but its equipped for pebbles and soil they just have different ends on the drip tubes that feed into the medium

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

Peanut butter (03-03-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast