Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feeding low, bushy plants without splashing??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Im using a Renualt Megane windscreen washer pump, glued into a 12 litre bucket with a micro pipe watering system. It cost me a total of £11. Using a digi timer I currently have it delivering 300ml per plant twice a day. I put my water/nutrients into the bucket and cover it so nothing else can get in, at the moment it lasts 7 days before I need a refil but I expect this to change once the plants grow up some then Ill need a bigger bucket

They are quite bushy at the moment and this DIY system works very well

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-03-18), Killabeez420 (04-03-18), Peanut butter (03-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,811 Times

Yeah Iv just read about the pebbles there... How oftern are you refilling the system with using coco and how to you go about getting the timing system set correct so you don't over or under feed? I'm only on my first grow in soil but I'm after getting another on the go straight after now lol. Iv seen a lot of members using coco here but with my inexperience it doesn't look like it's for me but these system could get me to switch if there pretty fool proof lol
    ~~~ Northern Lights x Big Bud / SCROG..one plant, 16oz total yield

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Big-Bud-SCROG

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Im using a Renualt Megane windscreen washer pump, glued into a 12 litre bucket with a micro pipe watering system. It cost me a total of £11. Using a digi timer I currently have it delivering 300ml per plant twice a day. I put my water/nutrients into the bucket and cover it so nothing else can get in, at the moment it lasts 7 days before I need a refil but I expect this to change once the plants grow up some then Ill need a bigger bucket

They are quite bushy at the moment and this DIY system works very well

Hmmmm sounds interesting! I'm sure I will more than likely have a similar pump kickin about as in the motor trade

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-03-18), tom222 (04-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

That would have been my next suggestion a waterpump in a bucket.

I use a 6 pot flood and drain system with clay pebbles.
    Recently came back from a 16 day holiday whilst it did its thing.

Holds ph and ec really well if you use a large res,mine is 200 litres.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Peanut butter (04-03-18), tom222 (04-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

It's a very easy job to make your own watering system. If I have time tomorrow I will draw a diagram and post a few pics.

I have a 10 plant coco set up in 8 litre fabric pots (down from 16l) a Cheap digital timer feeds 5 times each day. I make the first feed of the day longer until I get run off then a further 4 shorter feeds.

It is more or less a 160 litre tub at one end with a pump on a timer attached to some 13mm pipe which runs the length of the room, I then have 10 outlets of micro pipe from the main tube with a T fitting on each end to give me 2 micro tube outlets per pot. Push a stop end onto the other end of your main pipe. Finally next to your feed tank at the highest point push a barb into your main pipe with a bit of micro pipe going back into your feed tank, this will prevent syphoning.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (05-03-18), Peanut butter (04-03-18), tom222 (04-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    It's a very easy job to make your own watering system. If I have time tomorrow I will draw a diagram and post a few pics.

I have a 10 plant coco set up in 8 litre fabric pots (down from 16l) a Cheap digital timer feeds 5 times each day. I make the first feed of the day longer until I get run off then a further 4 shorter feeds.

It is more or less a 160 litre tub at one end with a pump on a timer attached to some 13mm pipe which runs the length of the room, I then have 10 outlets of micro pipe from the main tube with a T fitting on each end to give me 2 micro tube outlets per pot. Push a stop end onto the other end of your main pipe. Finally next to your feed tank at the highest point push a barb into your main pipe with a bit of micro pipe going back into your feed tank, this will prevent syphoning.

Nice one looking forward to seeing what you have. PB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

tom222 (04-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030412.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	357413

This is my 10 plant watering system. The main pipe is 13mm, delivery pipes are 4mm. Each delivery pipe has a small T so the feed comes out of 2 pipes either side of your pot. I have my feed tub outside of my room. Digital timer eBay item number:282265319285 The fittings are available from ebay or somewhere like Growell. They are just push on. The barbs into the main pipe just push in. You will need a hole punch to make holes in your main pipe (£0.85p) to insert the barbs. I have valves on each delivery pipe so I can regulate flow or switch off completely. I also have a on/off valve on the middle line as I don't always put plants in the middle depending on how big I let them get.

Don't forget the anti syphon. Put a barb on the main pipe next to your tub with a short length of 4mm tube on to guide the water back into your tub. When your pump switches off this will let air into the system and stop syphoning.

Don't skimp on your pump size/power from memory mine was Hailea 2900lph I had to buy a 25mm-13mm Pipe Reducer and a short length of 25mm pipe to make it fit onto the 13m pipe.

Hope this helps
    TB
    Last edited by toblue; 05-03-18 at 08:45 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (05-03-18), Peanut butter (05-03-18), Phineasfreek (06-03-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Cheers folks, lots to think about here!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Here's mine, similar to the above but with only one plant to feed. I use an mj750 pump in an autopot res. Hozelock make 13mm fittings but if you put microirrigation hydroponics into ebay it'll come up with all sorts. Taps are useful in case you get leaks, or to clean the system, a non return valve essential, a filter nice to have and the end of line drippers help with flow rates. There's all sorts of vids on YouTube too. I started off with a home made dripper ring, punching holes into 4mm tubing but the holes are hard to make cleanly and clog. Ended up buying a purpose built one with laser cut holes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

Peanut butter (13-03-18), toblue (06-03-18), tom222 (06-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030412.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	357413

This is my 10 plant watering system. The main pipe is 13mm, delivery pipes are 4mm. Each delivery pipe has a small T so the feed comes out of 2 pipes either side of your pot. I have my feed tub outside of my room. Digital timer eBay item number:282265319285 The fittings are available from ebay or somewhere like Growell. They are just push on. The barbs into the main pipe just push in. You will need a hole punch to make holes in your main pipe (£0.85p) to insert the barbs. I have valves on each delivery pipe so I can regulate flow or switch off completely. I also have a on/off valve on the middle line as I don't always put plants in the middle depending on how big I let them get.

Don't forget the anti syphon. Put a barb on the main pipe next to your tub with a short length of 4mm tube on to guide the water back into your tub. When your pump switches off this will let air into the system and stop syphoning.

Don't skimp on your pump size/power from memory mine was Hailea 2900lph I had to buy a 25mm-13mm Pipe Reducer and a short length of 25mm pipe to make it fit onto the 13m pipe.

Hope this helps
    TB
    What do you do with your runoff?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast