Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clay pebbles or coco for new wilma system

Thanks

Default Clay pebbles or coco for new wilma system

Hi all I'm after a bit of advice as to what medium would be better to use in my big 4 wilma system.

I have both a 50l bag of canna clay pebbles and a 50l bag of plagron coco.

I currently have royal queen seeds royal gorilla seedlings in small rockwool cubes but cannot decide which medium to use,

I have both drippers blue and black.

Currently have ionics grow, bloom, nitrozyme.
    Essentials ph metre and blue lab truncheon.

I can't decide whether or not to move the small rockwool cubes into the 4 inch cubes and use the clay pebbles or whether I should put the small rockwool cubes in the coco??

I have got the standard 11 litre plastic pots that came with the wilma and also got some 11 litre fabric propots.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Dave.

Thanks

Someone else with a lot more experience can chip in,But with six wilma grows under my belt its got to be coco, I have done clay pebbles and even tried mud(never again effing pests) but with coco its been a breeze.The coco is so forgiving and is spot on for a drip system like a wilma.

Thanks

Thanks tash12
    Do you start with rockwool?
    Also what drippers do you use

Thanks

I use the little jiffi plugs mate,Blue drippers but i modded my wilma so the roots hit the res .Think it was Buz who put the guide up(forgive me if i got the wrong person).A thin layer of pebbles at the bottom of airpots and coco then stright in with the rooted plugs. not looked back this way,Just back growing again after a while off and sticking with what i know works for sure.Got a fish tank agitator in the res for fluming and an air stone on a timer just for the hell of it.Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tash12 For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (04-03-18)

Thanks

Thanks I also have an air pump with like a golf ball air stone in the Res.
    I only have fabric pots or the standard plastic pots. Would any of those be ok?
    As mine is only the 50l Wilma and I think the airpots are to big

Thanks

Yea mines only the small one just a drobe grow for me and the missus now, Its lights off at the mo so cant check the size but the aipots i have just fit.Get an aquarium wave maker in your res ,works brilliant for moving your nutes and fluming ,Air stones are ok but play havoc with your PH, Have a look on here for the modded wilma thread, Its where i got all my info from.. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...odified-wilmas

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tash12 For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (04-03-18)

Thanks

Someone nicked the pics from that link mate but this one has pics,https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-Wilma-thread

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tash12 For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (04-03-18)

Thanks

Thanks very much ill take a look

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

60/40 coco clay pebbles all day long for me mate.
    I've just done it in my previous grow, and worked bang on, all the benefits of coco with the added benefit of having more crap load more air to the roots with the clay pebbles and you can feed more when they get bigger and they lap it all up.

I used the canna 60:40 mix before this time I bought both because the shop didn't have the mix in.
    So I put pebbles in bottom for drainage, and then mixed remaining coco and pebbles together and filled pots!

Current Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...re-blue-cheese
    Previous diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...o-clay-pebbles

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (04-03-18)

Thanks

Could I still use the Ionics hydro grow and bloom if I use both the clay pebbles and coco or would I need just coco nutes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast