Thread: My automatic feeding system

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default My automatic feeding system

I have posted this on another thread but thought it may help if I made a new thread. I have 10 x 8 litre coco pots getting fed 5 times each day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030412.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	357414

This is my 10 plant watering system. The main pipe is 13mm, delivery pipes are 4mm. Each delivery pipe has a small T so the feed comes out of 2 pipes either side of your pot. I have my feed tub outside of my room. Digital timer eBay item number:282265319285 The fittings are available from ebay or somewhere like Growell. They are just push on. The barbs into the main pipe just push in. You will need a hole punch to make holes in your main pipe (£0.85p) to insert the barbs. I have valves on each delivery pipe so I can regulate flow or switch off completely. I also have a on/off valve on the middle line as I don't always put plants in the middle depending on how big I let them get.

Don't forget the anti syphon. Put a barb on the main pipe next to your tub with a short length of 4mm tube on to guide the water back into your tub. When your pump switches off this will let air into the system and stop syphoning.

Don't skimp on your pump size/power from memory mine was Hailea 2900lph I had to buy a 25mm-13mm Pipe Reducer and a short length of 25mm pipe to make it fit onto the 13m pipe.

Hope this helps
    TB
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Top man Blue.. I will be sorting this on my next run for sure. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

Thanks

Forgot to mention the low square plastic storage tubs from discount stores are ideal for feed tub. Plastic dustbins are a bit high and pumps don't like pushing water uphill.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    pretty much same as this, which i use except i used bigger pump https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...m-Run-To-Waste
    Do you use drippers Joker? I just have the bare tubes with a bent wire stake to hold them in place.

Would the drippers spread the water more? Are they capable of putting out just over half litre of water a minute (this is what bare tubes do with my size pump) or do they just drip?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

tom222 (06-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Do you use drippers Joker? I just have the bare tubes with a bent wire stake to hold them in place.

Would the drippers spread the water more? Are they capable of putting out just over half litre of water a minute (this is what bare tubes do with my size pump) or do they just drip?
    yea mate, i use blue stakes on them, spread water out well to imo. blue stakes are flood black drip. 8mins puts 4litres through each pot on mine but whats the rush eh lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

toblue (06-03-18), tom222 (06-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    yea mate, i use blue stakes on them, spread water out well to imo. blue stakes are flood black drip. 8mins puts 4litres through each pot on mine but whats the rush eh lol
    Thanks Joker lad, think I will invest in some of the black ones. I am trying smaller pots (8l) for this grow with more frequent feedings (5). So far 2 weeks into flower the results are very impressive ...Time will tell.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (06-03-18), tom222 (06-03-18)