Thread: Root it cube seed germination

Thanks

Default Root it cube seed germination

I’m about to to begin germinating my seeds for my RDWC system. One thing I want to clarify is should I germinate the seed in the paper towels like I usually do and then put them into the cubes or do I soak the seeds for a while then chuck them straight into the cubes? Only ever grown in coco before.

Are the root it cubes the best method for planting seeds for RDWC?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    I’m about to to begin germinating my seeds for my RDWC system. One thing I want to clarify is should I germinate the seed in the paper towels like I usually do and then put them into the cubes or do I soak the seeds for a while then chuck them straight into the cubes? Only ever grown in coco before.

Are the root it cubes the best method for planting seeds for RDWC?
    yea mate i would germinate as you normally would then plant them in the cubes once taproot showing.

root riot cubes would be my preference over rock wool cubes, but see what the other ladz say to

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (07-03-18)

Thanks

Cheers joker, do you literally just soak and germinate the seeds, soak the cubes in water, then drop them into the holes and leave them? Just leaving them in open holes of the cubes makes me anxious lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

This is what i now do. Btw i used to use paper tissue method and transfare. But now i do this..... I soak the cubes in a half dose rhizotonic. And ph to 6.0ish or around. I then sow directly into the cube and bang them into the airing cupboard. I also use a selfwatering prop just to keep them wet(i got it on offer on amazon). You dont need this just watch for them drying out. I also spray declorineated water into the hole after sowing. And then wait then spray the next day if i dont see any progress. And then boom. Plant rises. Iv been having near to 100% this way. I used to get losses because of manhandleing them i think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (06-03-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (07-03-18)

Thanks

So I just drop them into the rootit cubes......sweet. I’ll give it a go!

Can you send me a pm with the Amazon item you’re talking about please mate?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    So I just drop them into the rootit cubes......sweet. I’ll give it a go!

Can you send me a pm with the Amazon item you’re talking about please mate?
    Type root!t cubes or root riot. Im going back to root riot tbh. I think i like them better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks

I’m not talking about the cubes pal, I was taking about the self watering prop thing you mentioned, whatever is it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (07-03-18)