Thread: Yellowing lower leafes now spreading up

Thanks

Default Yellowing lower leafes now spreading up

Hey boys, so i posted around a week and a half ago about after i flushed them after transplanting because i was noticing some yellowing in the lower leafes, was told i shouldn't of flushed and just to keep them on water, the already affected leafes have pretty much died, they were the lowest ones, now very recenntly it's there some deffo yellowing starting on the higher leafes, they've just been on water since the transplant, thinking this is a sign i should mabye start them on a feed, thoughts? https://imgur.com/a/RjLfD
    Last edited by bubbles93; 06-03-18 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks

should add its a soil grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

U have some bigger fish to fry there my friend...... It looks like they MIGHT be hungry, but they have some larger issues then the nitrogen. You need to give us a better idea of your grow.... what soil, pot size, temps, all the good info. Are you getting run off with watering? This is definetyl something u need to fix before you go into flower, or this is where she will struggle the most.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

bubbles93 (06-03-18)

Thanks

they're 16 inches tall, and i have them 16 inches from the 600w bulb too if possible.

Soil or hydro or coco: Soil

Strain: Blackjack Feminized

Photo or Auto: Photo

plant age: 1 month

pot size: 12cm

has it been repotted? and when?: about 4 times, recently around 1 and a half weeks ago
    soil type: Canna terra 'proffesional'

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: mainly water, havn't nuted exept once because i've transplanted multiple times

Air temps (max min): 16-26

Res temps (max min): not sure what this means

humidity:40-70

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):HPS, 600

Light schedule:18/6

Pot size, 12 CM, about to get some larger pots, gunna go for 15 inch pots and veg them for abit longer

to answer your question yes i get alot of water runeoff from watering, the yellowing of the lower leafes started after i flushed them after a transplant about a week and a half ago pretty much overnight, although the affected yellowed leafes are still yellow, a couple of the yellow ones straight up died, however my girls have still shown good growth since then, new colas ect, when i first inquired about it after i transplanted them a week ago another user just said keep i shouldn't of flushed ect and they will feed of the new soil, i assumed i fucked the lower leafes by flushing, they didn't really show much signs of getting healthier after that, again it's just been water fed for the most part, some of the damage you see has been done from PHing the water early on in the grow from me being a complete noob since this is my first grow, but the yellowing is mostly new
    Last edited by bubbles93; 06-03-18 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

A good soil will sustain a plant for 3 weeks or so without havin to add nutes. Now, your pot size is likely a problem. If they are only 12 cm, im guessing across the lid, then you need to get these in some larger pots. In soil, you only need to do one or 2 transplants. Start them at roughly a pint container, go to a gallon, and finally off to your final pot. Too much transplanting only results in unhappy plants and damaged roots. Your new growth does look pretty good however, but there is some nitrogen deficiency, as well as a cal mag deficiency, but this is older growth. Most likely the transplant did fix the issue, but just delays the resolution. If I were you I would give them a 1/4 strength veg feed with an additional 1/2 feeding of Cal mag supplement, and see if they straighten out. 16 degrees is also too cold.... im guessing this is a night time temp, but remember that the roots are also at this temp, and then the water you give them is even colder..... Is there anyway you can raise the temps a bit with lights off? Maybe switch lights on/ off so that your lights are on durin the night and off in the day..... just some thoughts lets see what others have to say...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

bubbles93 (06-03-18)

Thanks

Okay thanks mate, just done as you said now, and nah the lights are off during the day but i'd leave the extractor on low, i'm just gunna turn the extractor off and set a timer to turn on every 10 mins every hour while lights are off are suggested to me by Ironman, should do the trick

Thanks

bump, any other opinions are welcomed

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles93 View Post
    bump, any other opinions are welcomed
    What's wrong with the answer that's already been given?

Thanks

didn't mean it in a way like that.... every thread i've had help with multiple people have given different answers, although i'm sure funky is right hence why i already did what he said

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    What's wrong with the answer that's already been given?
    didn't mean it in a way like that.... every thread i've had help with multiple people have given different answers, although i'm sure funky is right hence why i already did what he said